Business Development Manager – Beds Network (Osaka)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Agoda Beds Network team is a brand new department within Agoda focusing on improving Agoda’s supply quality and inventory. As our accommodation partners are a key to our success, we work hard to ensure their success. That is why the Agoda bed bank team specializes in strategic account management. We serve as consultants and thought partners, offering strategic advice on how best to excel on Agoda’s commercial platforms through innovative solutions. With the help of industry-leading technology, we work and collaborate globally to bring together the best ideas from diverse perspectives and strive in ensuring the best value for our partners, our customers, and Agoda.
As a Business Development Manager, you will get to support the expansion of Agoda’s network of hotel partnerships and accommodation inventory supply through building, establishing and maintaining account relationships. The Business Development Manager leverages their experience in procurement, e-commerce, revenue management and the hotel/travel/hospitality industry, generally, in order to manage Agoda’s hotel market and market partnership-related functions.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Identify, pitch and build new supplier relationships for Agoda focusing on the bed bank and wholesale markets
- Introduce and explain the strategic benefits of the new department
- Grow bookings, revenues and gross profit in assigned portfolio
- Suggest business solutions, based on data, to maximize Agoda’s accommodation availability, content competitiveness and business growth for hotel partners
- Evaluate existing partnerships and determine actions to optimize performance
- Identify, prioritize, negotiate, contract and onboard non-participatory hotels, ensuring favorable terms and conditions.
- Formulate project ideas, determine where opportunity exists and implement new approaches.
- Work in a data-driven environment
- Research and troubleshoot rate and availability issues preventing hotels from maximizing booking performance; e.g., problems with connectivity, rate mapping, extranet management, etc.
- Use out-of-the-box thinking to develop and implement solutions to unique challenges
- Prepare presentations and materials
- Manage regular weekly/monthly supplier and internal reports
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in any relevant field
- Three years’ experience in hotel or travel industry, especially OTA channels preferred, but not necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence external / internal stakeholders
- Driven and “Go getter” attitude in acquiring, mentoring & building long term customer relationships
- Ability to creatively “think on the fly” when negotiating with hotel partners
- A team player with a professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Strong prioritization and planning skills; must be comfortable making trade-offs vs. trying to get it all done
- Strong strategic and data analysis skills
- Curiosity and an experimentation mindset
- Comfortable in two-way feedback culture
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Written and spoken proficiency in Japanese
- Professional working English
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.