DevOps Engineering Manager (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
The DevOps Engineering Manager role at Agoda is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate is both extremely hands on – technically excellent, with solid engineering principles – and exhibits strong leadership and people development skills.
DevOps Engineering team is tasked with creating automation into the Software Development Lifecycle concerning all Agoda’s R&D. The team is responsible for maintaining all central Dev-related tooling chain and develop internal tools/Web Portals in order to increase development efficiency and security. The impact of this engineering team affects all development in Agoda.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Be hands on – it’s one of the job’s fundamental tasks, and most of our development managers are writing and reviewing code, giving expert level coaching and guidance to their DevOps engineers.
- Maintain CI/CD best practices and automating security testing at the speed of DevOps at a very large scale (~1M pipelines a month)
- Maintain all central Dev-related systems for source control, CI, Service Discovery, and more.
- Bridging the gap between Development and Operations
- Full-stack development for internal portals and tooling
- Developing people – Despite our investment and belief in technology, people are still our greatest asset. The right candidate will have a keen interest in developing people: inspiring those around them so they can achieve their potential. Being able to bring A-players such as yourself from outside and integrating them into the business will also be important.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Hands-on experience with the whole SDLC: Requirement, Design, Code, Test, Deploy
- Must have run engineering teams before with 5+ direct reports
- Able to operate with autonomously: making decisions, setting KPIs, with a strong sense of ownership
- Practices data driven decision making
- Experience managing an Agile scrum team
- Great coding skills in a modern programming language (preferably Python/Go)
- Knowledge of Development ecosystem tooling: Git/CI/Docker/Kubernetes
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (preferably Ansible)
- Experience coding a Full Stack application (preferably with React.js and Go)
- Experience working with Container orchestration (preferably Kubernetes)
- Experience with Hashicorp tools (Consul / Vault)
- Experience with both SQL/NoSQL databses (PostgreSQL, Elastic, MSSQL)
#sydney #melbourne #london #tokyo #dhaka #edinburgh #amsterdam #munich #moscow #kyiv #singapore #jakarta #dublin #saopaulo #bogota #colombo #taipei #warsaw #stockholm #copenhagen #seoul #hcmc #telaviv #hcmc
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.