[Cooperative Internship 2023] Machine Learning Intern, Data TeamApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Cooperative internship period: January – May 2023 and August – December 2023
Within our Data Team, we build and maintain the engines behind the Machine learning driven optimizations we serve at real time to our customers. It’s a combination of Real-time Microservices that are called every time users land on the website, machine learning models, Spark jobs running on the Hadoop clusters, and a back-office UI component exposed to our internal business users. The systems are spread across 5 data centers and more than a thousand machines overall. Our biggest challenges are to support the ever-growing feature and business requirements while keeping up with the SLA and scale of the systems.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- You’ll work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and create new data system from scratch, all the way to deploying software
- Improve scalability, stability, speed of existing applications
- Debug and fix production problems
- Collaborate with other teams
- Research new technologies and share across organizations
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Passion for Data and problems in large scale
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, or any functional/OO languages. We code primarily in Scala
- “Can do” attitude
- Willingness to learn a new thing every day
It’s Great If You Have
- Any prior Experience
- Experience working with big data technologies (eg. Spark, Hadoop)
- SQL knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.