Business Process Risk & Controls Assistant Manager/ Manager (based in Bangkok, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
As a Business Process & Risk Control Manager, you will be responsible for supporting all business process owners with the design and maintenance of high quality internal controls.
You will work closely with the Head of Business Process & Risk Control and stakeholders from multiple departments. This position will require you to have a strong commercial acumen, and be able to zoom in and out of the details to ensure you understand the processes fully.
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand; and is a great entry point for someone keen to have an extensive career with one of the world’s leading travel brands
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Analyze business processes to identify risks of control or compliance weaknesses
- Identify existing controls, or control gaps, that mitigate identified risks
- Support your business partners in designing and implementing appropriate controls to strengthen the control environment and mitigate risks
- Assist in the implementation of, and ongoing compliance with, the COSO-ERM 2017 Framework
- Assist with process and control documentation by collaborating with business partners
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation including flow charts, process narratives and risk and control matrices, segregation of duties matrices and any others required
- Co-ordinate audits undertaken by both Internal and External audit teams
- Co-ordinate and support the Group Risks & Controls team on risk management and internal control enhancements
- Support Internal and External audit teams to ensure that deficiency remediation plans are agreed and implemented on a timely basis
- Research and understand all relevant compliance regulations, as well as any changes to Group policies, to ensure process owners are aware of anything that could impact them
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent knowledge of auditing various business operations and risk-based auditing attained through minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience
- Thorough understanding of internal control concepts (e.g., SOX & COSO) and experience in applying them in various business areas/functions
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation highly desirable
- Previous experience in risk management and internal control; experience in setting up and operating Enterprise Risk Management a plus
- Proven success in improving risk management, preferably in a fast-moving eCommerce environment
- Ability to work independently, productively, and part of a team
- Strong Communication Skills with fluency in English (other languages would be a plus)
- Proficiency in MS Offices (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Visio preferred
- Finance experience preferred, E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus
It’s Great if you have:
- High level of integrity is a MUST
- An eye to spot control gaps with an intuition for risk prioritization
- Curious, creative, and innovative, particularly in design proper controls without stiffening the business growth
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever evolving and dynamic work environment
- Self-starter with strong sense of responsibility
- Quick thinker and confident in decision making
- Process, problem solving and action orientated mindset.
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Fast learner
#seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur #brussels #paris #frankfurt #bangkok #manila #kualalampur #jakarta #RISK #FIN #5 ##LI-SE1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.