SOX Specialist (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Agoda is one of the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation booking platforms.
Founded in Asia and now part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth while developing new products at a rapid pace. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing you to thrive in and to grow both yourself and Agoda.
The Opportunity and the team:
The SOX Specialist will help to ensure processes have appropriate SOX controls in place and operating effectively. The SOX Specialist role requires being effective in managing and prioritizing execution of tasks. Forming strong relationships with business partners and fostering a collaborative environment are critical to success in this role. The SOX Specialist will support the coordination of internal audits and will assist in coordinating SOX efforts between the SOX department, SOX stakeholders and external audit.
Agoda is constantly expanding its reach through strategic innovations and data-driven experimentations. This allows us to stretch ourselves and get on (and in some cases, create) the next big waves. As a key stakeholder and enabler of the overall Agoda business, the Agoda BPRC team must play a unique role in balancing risk management without stifling innovation and growth.
The individual we’re looking for is a curious, dynamic, and fast learner. This individual must be a trusted partner of his/her various business partners to and be able to effectively balance driving risk management maturity with stakeholders outside of compliance.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR), identifying and assessing risks across a variety of business functions, and executing control testing.
As a SOX Specialist, your business partners will span the entire range of functional areas such as Product, Information Technology, Marketing, Pricing, Partners Services, Customer Services, and Finance team. You would be expected to assist on control design to help ensure overall SOX compliance and appropriate business risk management.
In summary, this is a perfect role for someone who wants to master the in-and-outs of a fast-growing, innovative eCommerce company, whilst contributing a tremendous amount of impact in balancing the risks and growth of the company.
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Assist in support of maturing risk management capabilities that suits Agoda’s needs; and assist in advising on relevant risks
- Support documentation activities including but not limited to: performing walkthroughs, identifying risks & control gaps, defining test procedures, and completing workpapers.
- Analyze (and/or help design) SOX controls supporting business processes and other compliance topics to identify risks and control weaknesses
- Identify controls that are currently in place, as well as any control gaps, based on identified risks
- Help ensure that Agoda maintains an effective internal control environment, ensuring Agoda’s complete SOX compliance and avoiding unwarranted deficiencies.
- Work to mitigate and remediate identified deficiencies with the business in a timely manner.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., process owners, external auditors, outsourced providers) to build strong relationships and support the coordination of SOX activities.
- Support coordination of audits for both Internal and External audit teams
- Support Internal and External audit teams to ensure that remediation plans are effectively implemented on a timely basis.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant to the role
- 1-2 years of experience in areas of SOX, risk management or audit
- Understanding of internal control concepts and relative frameworks (especially SOX & COSO) and experience in applying them in various business areas/functions
- Understanding of ITGCs and understanding how they fit into the overall Control Landscape.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), or similar designation highly desirable
- Ability to work independently, productively and part of a team
- Fluency in English (other languages a plus)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Visio
It’s Great if you have:
- High level of integrity is a MUST
- Strong collaboration skills, particularly when without actual management authority
- An eye to spot control risks with an intuition of risk prioritization
- Curious, creative and innovative, particularly in design proper controls without stiffening the business growth
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever-evolving and dynamic work environment
- Self-starter with strong sense of responsibility
- Quick thinker and confident in decision making
- Process, problem solving and action orientated mindset
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Professional “get it done” attitude and strong work ethics
- Curious, creative and innovative
#hongkong #singapore #thailand #mumbai #newdelhi #london #newyork #bangalore #india #shanghai #jakarta #bali #tokyo #osaka #yokohama #hcmc #hanoi #istanbul #taipei #phuket #seoul #manila #kualalampur #rome #hungary #toronto #2 #Risk#FIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.