Head of Account Management (Homes) – MalaysiaApply Now
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
As an Agoda Homes Senior Manager, the key objective is to provide exceptional guidance and leadership in building quality supply in the designated market. The role entails enabling the team to exceed expectations in acquiring high-quality listings, maintaining supply health and assisting in developing a community of host network and accelerating the growth of supply in the markets.
In doing so, you will bring a strong analytical acumen, a high level of commercial understanding and the ability to attract, motivate, and coach your team. The ability to establish and develop profitable long–term partnerships with both internal and external customers, and project manage initiatives that enable the business to grow will be key to the success of the role.
This role is to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Get to know the team:
Agoda Homes – a core business line within Agoda – supports a wide range of non-hotel accommodation types, including serviced apartments, homes, private villas, farm stays, chalets, boats, and many more. While these accommodations were always available on Agoda, a changing market demands more focus on increasing supply and elevating their quality.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead a small team of Assistant Homes Managers in identifying, acquiring and managing successful accounts
- Conceptualize, plan and execute large projects to scale supply in markets
- Own the overall supply health of assigned portfolio
- Drive the development of host network such as community forum, host events and attend relevant events in the markets
- The ability to communicate well with both new and existing hosts through phone and in-person meetings to help grow our business portfolio
- Conduct market research on trends in the market/industry to ensure the competitiveness of Agoda Homes
- Implement tools for tracking, review and reporting of performance of team/market in delivering KPIs and targets
- Ability to analyze large data sets in order to uncover new opportunities to grow Agoda’s business
- Share relevant data, information and presentations with internal/external stakeholders to ensure a high level of communication and feedback to optimize performance
- Coordinate with senior management on strategic vision and planning for the team
- 7-10 years of professional experience in sales and/or startup environments
- Proven leadership skills, team leader and team player
- Proven track record of a self-starter who can think out of the box and autonomously execute projects in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learner, adapts well to and is energized by change
- Results-oriented strategic thinker, who is assertive and full of initiatives
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, with the ability to acquire hosts on our platform
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills. Able to identify high-impact opportunities and objectively evaluate projects
- Ability to effectively push the team’s vision, while communicating and getting buy-in from key stakeholders
- Be a team player with a professional “get it done” attitude and work ethics
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence both internal / external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with fluency in English
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to query from database is a plus
#kualalumpur #BD #3 #4 #LI-DN2
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.