Commercial Payments Manager (Bangkok-Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
Agoda is seeking to hire a an entrepreneurial and data savvy Commercial Payments Manager who can work closely with internal and external partners to lead initiatives on Card Payment Optimization, Payment Cost Reduction, expanding Payments Coverage to alternative payment methods including BNPL / Instalments in addition to helping define Agoda’s consumer payments and vendor payments strategy.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Lead relationships with various fintech partners and card schemes, as well as internal stakeholders including business teams, intra-finance teams and project managers from various Agoda verticals to identify opportunities and drive positive business outcomes
- Develop, assess, present and monitor business cases while leading commercial negotiation on new opportunities.
- Lead strategy for your area with a view to optimize Agoda’s consumer and vendor payments
- Present to Agoda and Finance Leadership on key initiatives
- Influence stakeholders with data driven advise to launch projects that add value for the organization, including running experiments, A/B testing and providing visibility on key metrics
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Ideally 5-10 years’ of professional experience, with at least 4 years in the payments/fintech space & an established network of connections across the payments’ ecosystem
- A deep understanding of the market landscape and ability to speak about trends, consumer preferences & payment regulations
- Be comfortable with a high degree of autonomy and be a self starter that can carry projects from inception to conclusion
- People management and stakeholder management skills
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills and the ability to make good PowerPoint decks to present to C-level and senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving skills, and the ability to make decisions based on logical reasoning.
- A go-getter – ability and willingness to go above and beyond the defined scope
It’s Great if you have:
- Masters degree. MBA preferred.
- Data analytics skills. SQL, Tableau proficiency or a willingness to learn.
- This position is based in Bangkok, relocation support will be provided.
#bangkok #jakarta #kualalampur #philippines #indonesia #singapore #taiwan #phuket #newdelhi #mumbai #vietnam #malaysia #india #poland # czechrepublic #luxembourg LI-SS2 #LGL #3 #manila #seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur #brussels #paris #frankfurt #sydney #melbourne #perth #beijing #paris #zurich #geneva #wroclaw #taipei
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.