Collections Specialist – Vietnam speaking (Bangkok Based, Relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
Collection and Analytics function is responsible for collection of overdue payments/ penalties from hotel partners for various product offerings. It also provides analytical support on various data requirements and is also responsible for collections MIS and reporting activities. This function is also responsible for end to end management of Agoda’s external Debt Collection Affiliates.
This team is expanding, and we are looking for Collections Specialists to be based out of Bangkok, Thailand. Collection Specialists would be responsible for processing invoices and contacting customers regarding overdue payments and AR penalties. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining collection data logs, preparation of MIS reports and working on other collection related back office activities
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Establish relationship with customers through active outreach by phone calls, emails, letters etc. while accommodating the customer’s preferred communication style.
- Ensure achievement of monthly targets basis tactful discussions, finding new contact points through google search, local team’s help etc.
- With excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as an ability to work independently on complex cases, you should be able to strike a balance between building trusting relationships and ensuring timely payments.
- Provide excellent customer service regarding collection or payment issues by providing customers all information needed to make payments in a timely manner. Work with customers to reconcile accounts throughout the contract lifecycle to ensure a positive relationship
- Communicate and actively follow-up with cross-functional teams regarding customer accounts and resolution of customer invoice disputes.
- Maintain accurate records and notes of collection activity in systems including client feedback, additional contact information, proposed payment dates and amounts etc., while providing reports on activities as may be required.
- Actively seeking to improve policies, processes, procedures and workflows.
- Function as an effective member of the team, assisting co-workers as needed, sharing best practices and learning from colleagues and supervisors, support the goals of the department, manage various projects as mandated from time to time and demonstrate initiatives in the long-term interest of Agoda.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication and must be able to communicate with clients tactically and diplomatically
- Minimum 3+ years of overall work experience. Industry experience with finance and debt collections would be preferred
- Strong communication skills in English would be required. Ability to converse fluently in 2 or more languages would be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Must be target-oriented and should be able to work under pressure
- Ability to make high volume outreach efforts through collection calls, emails etc. and obtain positive results
- Must be extremely confident, be proactive and take personal ownership of task completion
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel skills. Must be hands-on with excel functions like V-lookup, Pivots etc. Knowledge of SQL would be an added advantage
- Team-player and open to working cordially with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- This role would be based out of Bangkok, Thailand
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.