Staff Software Engineer (Singapore based, Relocation Package Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In Agoda’s Back End Engineering department, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the Back End Engineering team.
Agoda Platform team is looking for developers to work on mission critical systems that deal with the designing and development of APIs that serve millions of user search requests a day.
- Lead development of features, experiments, technical projects and complex systems
- Be a technical architect, mentor, and driver towards the right technology
- Continue to evolve our architecture and build better software
- Be a major contributor to our agile and scrum practices
- Get involved with software engineering and collaborate with server, other client, and infrastructure technical team members to build the best solution
- Constantly look for ways to improve our products, code-base and development practices
- Write great code and help others write great code
- Drive Technical decisions in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering/related field or relevant experience
- Strong coding ability
- 7+ years’ experience under your belt developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment using Scala and or Java.
- Able to quickly and effectively read code
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to separate hype from reality
- You have RDBMS knowledge (SQL Server, Oracle, MySql or other)
- You are passionate about the craft of software development and constantly work to improve your knowledge and skills.
- Strong experience in JVM languages (Java / Scala in particular)
- Experience working with Lambda Architectures
- Experience working with open source products
- Working in an agile environment using test-driven methodologies.
- Experience with tools like Git, Docker and Kubernetes
- Lead teams and greenfield projects solving large system problems
- Worked on global projects serving world markets with distributed data centers and localization of the back end and data
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
#LI-Hybrid #LI-DNI #LI-DNP