Finance Operations & Analytics Manager (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
The Payments, Credit Risk and Collections (“P&CRC”) department in Finance is proud to be the gatekeepers of Agoda’s money. Our job is simple; own the payments and collection flow for our customers and B2B partners end to end while finding the most efficient and optimal ways for our customers and partners to pay us.
P&CRC is looking to hire a Manager level person to lead one of the Bangkok based teams focused on leveraging the Chargeback infrastructure to optimize collections for Agoda. Prior knowledge of chargebacks is not mandatory. We value project management, stakeholder management, process optimization and data skills more than subject matter expertise.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Lead an operational team of 7 based in Bangkok, including all aspects of L&D.
- Lead strategy for your area with a view to optimize Agoda’s collections
- Lead relationships with external stakeholders, including various fintech partners and card schemes, as well as internal stakeholders including business teams, intra-finance teams and project managers from various Agoda verticals.
- Lead data analytics for your function to track KPIs and optimize strategy and execution based on a data driven approach.
- Present to Finance Leadership and occasionally Agoda senior leadership on key initiatives
- Influence stakeholders with data driven advise to launch projects that add value for the organization, including running experiments, changing Agoda policies and providing valuation of projects from a chargeback and collection standpoint.
- Optimize processes and ensure 360 visibility through proper documentation.
- Other adhoc projects as the role demands over time.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Be comfortable with a high degree of autonomy and be a self starter that can carry projects from inception to conclusion
- People management and stakeholder management skills
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills and the ability to make good PowerPoint decks to present to C-level and senior management
- Data analytics skills. Proficiency in Excel is required. Knowledge of Macros, SQL, Tableau a plus but not compulsory. However, ability to self learn tools through internal L&D platforms is encouraged.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving skills, and the ability to make decisions based on logical reasoning.
- You are a highly disciplined, proactive, innovative, and naturally inquisitive person.
- You are driven by achieving measurable, impactful results.
- You are able to prioritize your work based on business impact
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-paced working environment Exhibit proactive approach and personal ownership. Must be result oriented and have the ability to work under pressure under tight deadline
- Assist in special projects and ad-hoc assignments, upon request
It’s Great if you have:
- Undergraduate degree. Masters a plus.
- Basic financial and payment system literacy with the ability to understand collection and chargeback infrastructure would be a great to have.
- Experience in managing process transformations/operational excellence programs
- Experience in tech, eCommerce, consultancy a plus but not mandatory
- Project management, stakeholder management, people management skills with the ability to make presentation decks to pitch to C-level complimented by data analytics skills.
#manila #kualalumpur #mumbai #gurgaon #jakarta #singapore #hcmc #budapest #egypt #jordan
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.