Data Engineer in Business Intelligence Infrastructure Team (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Administrating, Proactive and re-active monitoring of services in order to provide 24 x 7 uptime and availability
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning
- Communicating with Infrastructure Team, Hadoop Team and BI Developers to ensure Scalability, Integrity, Security and Performance.
- Support our BI Developer to designs and develops BI Solutions, Data Warehouse & Data Model on Big Data platform (Hadoop/Vertica) using ETL Tools (SSIS or in-house developed ETL), OLAP and Dashboard (Tableau, Metabase, Superset)
- Always stay on latest BI Technology and always looking for something new.
- Create automation tasks / self-services / documentations to reduce manual operation tasks.
- List of Services
- Tableau, Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services, Metabase, Superset
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Server Database
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer science or any related fields
- At least 3 years experiences in Database Administration/System Administration/System Engineer/Data Engineer
- Experience in Linux environment
- Experience with Database High Availability technology
- Experience in Business Intelligence area will be advantage
- Experience with Database Monitoring, Proactive and re-active is a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments well
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be the team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to attend on-call rotation
- Good English communication skill
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- An ability to work well independently and as part of a team
It’s Great If You Have
- Vertica Administrator, SQL Server Database Administrator, Power BI Report Server, SSAS, SSIS, Tableau Administrator
- Linux/Windows System Administration
- SQL Performance Tuning
- Grafana, Elasticsearch, JobScheduler, HAProxy, Metricbeat, Ansible
- Proficient knowledge of SQL and Relational Database: able to write, execute and interpret queries
- Coding Skill. Python is a plus.
#sydney #kyiv #melbourne #london #tokyo #dhaka #edinburgh #amsterdam #munich #moscow #dublin #seoul #hcmc #telaviv #moscow #taipei #manila
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.