International Tax Manager (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
As Senior International Tax Manager, you will work for Agoda Services Co., Ltd in Bangkok and report directly to the Tax Director. You will be part of the Finance Team (approximately 140 professionals) and also work closely with the Legal team.
You will support the International Tax Team in all tax advisory matters for the organization to ensure efficient and compliant tax outcomes for the Agoda Group of Companies.
This role involves interaction with our US parent company, our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Assist in international tax planning initiatives and special projects
- Assessment of tax positions and interpretations of our business models
- Keep up with new tax developments and ensure compliance with local rules and regulations
- Project coordination responsibilities
- Support key business initiatives, including modeling for financial impact of taxes
- Evaluate the current international tax structure and recommend any changes or planning ideas that will optimize the structure
- Drive and implement changes required as a result of changes to tax legislation
- Communicate tax planning, goals, risks, and priorities to senior management
- Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within the Agoda Group
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Degree in law or accounting – Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) or graduate degree in taxation preferred
- 8+ years of international tax experience in Big 4 public accounting / top law firm / multinational corporation
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus
- Strong preference for candidate with experience in Singapore taxes
- Knowledge of China taxes a plus
- Experience with both mature and developing jurisdictions
- Strong knowledge of international tax laws, both direct and indirect taxes
- Project management expertise, including strong organizational and change management skills
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with cross-functional teams within Agoda
- Strategic thinker with solid business instincts and acumen
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complicated tax technical issues with senior leadership who do not have the same level of tax sophistication.
It’s Great if you have:
- Self-motivated and results-oriented professional
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast turnaround environment
- Team leader and team player
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Energetic and driven personality
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Willingness to travel
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.