Connected Trips Counsel (based in BKK ideally / Singapore)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
We are seeking an able, confident, curious and self-motivated lawyer to join our growing Agoda Commercial Legal team. The lawyer appointed will also provide legal and contractual support to the business which includes taking responsibility for a wide range of issues relating to flights and packages (including experiences/attractions and ground transportations) & be responsible for strategically complex accounts. The role entails negotiating and drafting agreements relating to inventory suppliers’ content involving software services, supplier/vendor and consultancy contracts, technology licensing and development, and support as required in litigation/disputes, data privacy and regulatory matters. This role is also responsible for effective negotiation and timely completion of contracts and, where required, assisting business stakeholders with ongoing contract management. You will need to work closely with the business to deliver effective support and advice, formulation and coordination of positions across different departments, reporting and escalation of issues. You’ll get to assist in advising management on legal risks to company strategy & liaising with external counsel as required for input and advice.
This role is based in Bangkok (ideally) or Singapore as a secondary option. We will cover relocation for the successful candidate.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Taking responsibility for a wide range of issues relating to flights and packages (including experiences/attractions and ground transportations), including strategically complex accounts.
- Negotiating and drafting agreements relating to inventory suppliers’ content involving software services, supplier/vendor and consultancy contracts, technology licensing and development, and support as required in litigation/disputes, data privacy and regulatory matters.
- Being responsible for effective negotiation and timely completion of contracts and, where required, assisting business stakeholders with ongoing contract management.
- Working closely with the business to deliver effective support and advice, formulation and coordination of positions across different departments, reporting and escalation of issues.
- Assisting in advising management on legal risks to company strategy.
- Liaising with external counsel as required for input and advice.
- Preparing and maintaining template documentation and negotiation guidelines, and providing training to internal business partners.
- Updating know-how, sharing documentation and lessons learned.
- Providing training within the legal department and mentoring/supervision of other members of the team.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- A legal qualification to practice as a lawyer and 8+ years of post-qualification experience in private practice or the in-house legal department of an international business (preferably both)
- Working experience as a commercial counsel / IT counsel
- Trained and admitted as a lawyer in a common law jurisdiction with experience of technology contracts.
- A strongly commercial outlook and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A strategic approach to the law and like working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Proactive and practical, adding value by creating strategic solutions to legal issues
- A team player with the ability effectively to communicate with individuals at all levels
It’s Great if you Have:
- Experience in online travel agency industry, flights industry, ground transportation industry or in travel industry
- Experience in consumer protection law
#LI-SE2 #LGL #3 #Singapore #Newyork #Seoul #Tokyo #London #SanFrancisco #Beijing #Amsterdam #Guangdong #Paris #Shanghai #Ireland #Sydney #HongKong #Taiwan #Madrid
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.