Lead Analyst, Supply Analytics (SOAP) (Bangkok-based role, Relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BANGKOK, THAILAND (RELOCATION PROVIDED)
Get to Know our Team:
The Supply, Operations, Analytics and Programs (SOAP) team is a team of creative entrepreneurs that develop solutions for Agoda’s non-accommodation partners and promote Agoda’s top and bottom line growth. We design tailored business and product solutions with our partners and help them generate measurable value. Members of our team are empowered and supported to grow their market(s) or accounts. We develop win-win relationships and leverage Agoda’s unique accommodations portfolio and tech solutions to bring our partners the advantages they seek. Utilizing our strong brand and resources, we build new channels to increase the visibility of Agoda, introduce more travelers to our great products and service and deliver significant revenues to the overall business.
The Supply, Operations, Analytics and Programs (SOAP) team is a fast growing and dynamic team within Partner Services department of Agoda. The team is responsible for developing and scaling a range of marketing solutions for accommodation partners focusing on growth, visibility, conversion, pricing recommendations and financial products, as well as advertising and display marketing solutions for businesses and travel organizations.
The team scope includes strategic planning, business development and sales operations, project management, contracting operations, risk assessment and collections operations, product development work and data analytics. Team members closely work with multiple internal stakeholders in product and tech, finance and legal, marketing and partner services in our HQ as well as in multiple offices around the world.
The role sits within the SOAP team of Partner Services, where new business ideas, and partnership types are incubated and scaled. As an Analyst/Senior Analyst at Agoda you will use your data skills and business mindset to make a difference in our fast-growing global business across our top hotel partners. This role will be involved in strategic projects and work closely with commercial owners and business stakeholders, using data to identify and translate business needs and opportunities into actionable initiatives.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Translate internal briefs into analytical projects (to include refining the initial brief and asking the ‘right questions’, working through potential hypotheses and storyboarding the output)
- Use and analyze data from multiple large-scale data warehouses and present statistically strong analysis to a wide range of business stakeholders.
- Proactively identify opportunities for growth within supply and the wider business.
- Drive new analytical initiatives and projects aimed at improving organizational efficiency and shaping Agoda supply.
- Identify, support, and lead projects aimed at scaling up the way the Supply organization leverages on data, insights, and intelligence.
- Automate manual operational processes and present back on time savings gained through modernization of business operations
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 1-4 years of experience in analytics/data science/insights/strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in a business or quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, engineering, science, economics or finance).
- Expert domain of data analysis and data visualization tools and software such as Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python, R, or similar
- Experience in conducting A/B testing experimentation
- A good understanding of statistical modelling knowledge or any machine learning technique knowledge is a plus (regression, logistic regression, random forest, etc.)
- Good stakeholder management experience. Comfortable presenting to senior leadership and C-suite.
- Strong experience in finding data insights and provide business recommendation to the business
- A hacker’s mindset – the ability to build simple but clever and elegant solutions to new problems within significant resource, operational and time constraints through deep understanding of the business, creative problem solving, and a wide range of expertise in data, analytics, automation, programming, and prototyping.
- Excellent communicator with superior written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Data driven in both decision making and performance measurement.
- Extreme comfort in ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate resources.
- Ability to engage with and influence internal stakeholders at every level
- Experience utilizing Python for Automation
- Knowledge of Pandas and other associated analytical packages
- An advanced level of SQL including parallel computation approaches (i.e. Spark)
- Tableau/other BI visualization experience
It’s Great if you Have:
- MBA or Masters in a quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, engineering, science, economics or finance).
- Program management certifications (e.g. PMI, PRINCE2) to compliment your program management experience.
- Asian market experience.
- Travel industry / e-commerce / tech / consulting experience.
#LI-SV1 #Singapore #Berlin #Dublin #London #Jakarta #Hongkong #paris #sanfranciso #newyork #austin #seattle #tokyo #shanghai #seoul #sydney #brisbane #melbourne #toronto #moscow #saintpetersburg #kyiv
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.