Associate Software Engineer, Back EndApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In Agoda’s Back End Engineering department, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the Back End Engineering team.
You might call yourself “full stack” or “back end” or you might consider yourself an authority in a certain field, but you will have a keen interest in how the different systems work together.
We’d love to hear from you if you are experienced in any of the technologies we work with (note – we are not looking for you to have them all). We are interested in speaking to persons of any level from individuals just starting their IT careers to experts in their field.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- You build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic
- You will use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices
- You must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime
- As an engineer we like you to think about the full life cycle of our products, and not just about a single piece of code
- From customer requirements, technology selection to coding standards, agile development, unit and application testing
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any related fields
- New-grads are welcome!
- Scala, C# or Java. You might have experience in other languages but are confident you can learn
- Data platforms like SQL, Cassandra or Hadoop. You understand that different applications have different data requirements
- Core engineering infrastructure tools like Git for source control, TeamCity for Continuous Integration and Puppet for deployment
- Good English communication skill
- Ready to learn fast
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.