Business Intelligence Developer, Product Team (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
As a BI Developer, you will work closely with product managers or business users to interpret business questions into data solutions. You make a design, development, until support and maintain the solutions. You will work with variety of data sources and data tools both in-house and enterprise licenses to build an insight data and report visualization.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Works professionally to understand business questions or the requests and be able to suggest proper BI solution which is measurable and scalable
- Design and develop BI Solutions, Data warehouse & data model on Big data platform (Hadoop/Vertica) using ETL tools (SSIS or in-house developed ETL), OLAP, and dashboard (Tableau)
- Be responsive to work within a deadline
- Ensure delivered product achieve team’s standard quality checklist and always have visibility on it
- Keep catching up on BI technology and have up to date data insight with the team
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s or advance degree in IT/Statistic related field
- More than 3 years of experience in Business Intelligence area
- Fluent in English and Interpersonal skills
- Experience in ETL tools, data warehouse design, data modeling, and visualization
- Proficient knowledge of SQL and Relational Database: able to write, execute and interpret queries.
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work well independently as part of the scrum team
It’s Great If You Have
- Intellectually curious – fast and self-driven learner on areas including new business models, analytical techniques, technical skills etc.
- Experience in business analysis or data modeling. Other languages e.g., Python/R/Scala are helpful
#sydney #melbourne #moscow #london #tokyo #dhaka #edinburgh #amsterdam #munich #moscow #dublin #seoul #hcmc #telaviv #kyiv #bangkok #Phuket #hongkong #kualalumpur #singapore #seoul #taipei #tainan #taichung #kaohsiung #hcmc #hanoi #yokohama #nagoya #okinawa #fukuoka #ENG #IT
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.