Business Intelligence Developer, Product Team (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
As a BI Developer, you will work closely with product managers or business users to interpret business questions into data solutions. You make a design, development, until support and maintain the solutions. You will work with variety of data sources and data tools both in-house and enterprise licenses to build an insight data and report visualization.
- Understand business requirements, analyze large data sets for patterns, visualize results in dashboards and presentations, develop data mart solutions, improve efficiency by automating business processes and become subject matter expert for CEG department
- Support Product Owners across all experimentation stages to assist in the ideation of new product ideas, implement A/B monitoring and define statistical success criteria
- Drive self-service business intelligence by empowering users to adopt existing BI tools (Tableau, Metabase, Superset) by improving the data landscape and educating users
- Become a data business partner for Business and Product stakeholders by guiding them through all data related topics
- Design and build Data Products to automate manual business processes or embed data metrics into business applications to improve user experience and real-time analytics
- At least 3 years of experience in Business Intelligence or Analyst related roles
- Strong education background with degrees in Business Administration, Engineering or Information Systems (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of BI client tools such as Tableau and Power BI or other platforms
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with non-relational databases
- A self-motivated, driven, flexible, quick learning, high achieving, “can do” mentality
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- An ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of big data tools, such as Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Knowledge of A/B testing and experimentation frameworks
- Experience with large scale data platforms (GCP, S3, Hadoop, etc.) and modern data warehouse technologies (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of statistical computer languages to perform advanced analytics (Python, R)
- Experience with software development processes for Agile/Scrum and CI/CD utilizing technologies (e.g. GIT)
#sydney #melbourne #perth #shanghai #beijing #shenzhen #prague #hongkong #budapest #jakarta #bali #dublin #tokyo #osaka #yokohama #nagoya #okinawa #fukuoka #sapporo #kualalumpur #malta #manila #moscow #saintpetersburg #singapore #seoul #barcelona #madrid #stockholm #zurich #taipei #tainan #taichung #kaohsiung #bangkok #Phuket #kiev #hcmc #hanoi #amsterdam #bucharest #lodz #wroclaw #poznan #katowice #rio #salvador #bandung #yokohama #nagoya #okinawa #fukuoka #ENG #IT #LI-Hybrid
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.