Data Engineer in Business Intelligence Team (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
As a Data Engineer in Business Intelligence Team, you will work closely with product managers and BI team to interpret business questions into data needed. You make a design, development, until support and maintain the data pipeline. You will work with variety of data sources, data technology and data tools both in-house and enterprise licenses to build data pipeline and generating data reports.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Works professionally to understand data needed for finance data analytics and be able to design proper data pipeline solution which is measurable and scalable.
- Develop data pipeline on Bigdata platform by the following technology stack: Scala, Golang, Python3, scripting (Bash/Python), Hadoop, etc.
- Ensure delivered data achieve team’s standard quality checklist and always have visibility on it
- Be responsive to work within a deadline.
- Keep catching up on data technology and have up to date data insight with the team
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s or advance degree in IT/Statistic related field
- More than 3 years of experience in data technology
- Fluent in English and Interpersonal skills
- Experience in ETL tools or data pipeline language such as Python, Scala
- Knowledgeable in using Databases and writing SQL queries.
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work well independently as part of the scrum team
It’s Great If You Have
- Experience on data warehouse design
- Experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies / tools Ex. Tensorflow)
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with automate operation tasks with Shell Script, Python
- Knowledge in business analysis or data modeling.
- Hungry to learn new tools, languages and technologies.
#sydney #kyiv #melbourne #london #tokyo #dhaka #edinburgh #amsterdam #munich #moscow #dublin #seoul #hcmc #telaviv #moscow #taipei #manila
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.