Senior Data Scientist – Pricing Optimization (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Agoda applies Data Science to almost every product: pricing and bidding optimization, experiments, search and recommendation, fraud and anomaly detection, personalization, and others. We hire people into specific teams but encourage moving between different products in order to get a more diverse experience.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist with experience in dynamic pricing optimization or similar field. The Pricing optimization team at Agoda is responsible for both long-term developments and short-term value generation actions. We improve pricing experimentation quality, develop new model-architectures and auto-ML tools, run ML-based experiments, and help other teams to leverage their efforts.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Train, deploy, analyze models as parts of the high load services (>1B pricing actions daily)
- Create and improve automated tools for feature engineering and model training
- Improve A/B testing approach taking into account Pricing optimization specifics
- Work closely with ML engineers, developers, data analysts, and BI developers
- Solve business tasks in cooperation with product owners, marketing, and other business teams
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Important! Experience in dynamic pricing optimization (OTA, e-commerce, and others)
- 4+ years of experience in Data Science
- Coding proficiency using Python and/or Scala
- Knowledge of applied statistics and optimization theory
- SQL working proficiency
- Good communication and interpersonal skills that allow you to excel in a multi-cultural environment.
It’s Great if You Have
- Working proficiency with Big Data stack: Spark, Hadoop
- Additional experience in software development
- Successful track record in international DS, CS, or Math competitions
- Higher degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Math or other analytical intense specialties
#moscow #munich #berlin #kyiv #belarus #amsterdam #hongkong #shanghai #paris #london #newyork #sanfrancisco #IT #4 #5 #LI-JA1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.