Junior Language Specialist – Vietnamese (Bangkok-based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to know our team:
Content Operations is a large, multicultural team of diversely talented individuals that serve as the curators of Agoda’s content. We manage all the content our customers and partners see on each of our products. As a part of our team, you’ll take ownership in processes that are critical to multiple other teams across the business. Each role from copywriting to translating and driving property level content to mapping inventory from different supply sources will enable our reach to span the globe. Content Operations is also keen on self-improvement and innovation. We run our own experiments on images, structured data, and language copy and analyze the data to make impactful decisions. With the support of state-of-the-art technology and an enriching work environment, we strengthen the bottom line and drive new business for Agoda.
Our language specialists are professional language experts, who are responsible for translating and localizing Agoda’s website, apps and marketing material, as well as partner-facing products and communications. With a keen eye for detail, the languages specialists are able to provide accurate and engaging translations appropriate for the target language in accordance with Agoda’s style and consistent with previous copy. Language specialists are also expected to provide localization ideas and recommendations for the overall look and feel of our products from a language and culture perspective and will propose tests to make our products even better.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Localize English content (website updates, hotel-related information, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters) in accordance with Agoda’s brand and languages guidelines
- Maintain and improve quality of website and app content translation/localization
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers and set up language quality standards, drafting style guide when necessary
- Regular language QA of front-end copy, report and solve issues in a timely manner
- Analyze language-related data to optimize website and experimentation performance
- Provide ideas for localization and product features from professional language perspective
- Work closely with marketing teams to increase the brand visibility of Agoda and traffic within Vietnamese market
- Explore machine translation technology and apply best practices based on different project features
- Assist with other interdepartmental requests
- Ad-hoc administrative duties
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Native Vietnamese speaker
- Experienced translator or equipped with proven excellent translation skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- University or college degree
- Good internet knowledge and comfortable with online research
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A good team player with an excellent eye for detail
It’s great if you have:
- Experience translating legal documents
- At least 2 years full-time relevant work experience
- Excel and basic HTML knowledge
- Experience with CAT tools
- OTA work experience
PLEASE NOTE: We will only review applications submitted with an English CV; you’re welcome to also provide a CV in Vietnamese, but this is not required.
More information will be provided to candidates who will pass our translation and localization test.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.