Regional Head of Business Development – Berlin basedApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
About Priceline-Agoda Global Partner Services:
What’s better than representing ONE top-recognized brand in travel? Representing TWO, of course!
In 2018, the best-in-class hotel Market Management teams from Priceline.com and Agoda.com came together as one larger, new-and-improved team to better support our hotel partners. This collaboration between the two brands allows us to offer one streamlined technology connection with a single point of contact for worldwide distribution strategies. All roles within the Priceline-Agoda Global Partner Services team reports into the Agoda brand. Read on to learn more about working at Agoda!
Get to Know our Team:
Priceline and Agoda are travel booking platforms with accommodations at their core. As our accommodation partners are a key to our success, we work hard to ensure their success. That is why the Market Management team of Agoda’s Partner Services specializes in strategic account management. We serve as consultants, offering strategic advice on how best to excel on Agoda’s commercial platform. We are direct contributors to what makes Agoda one of the market leaders because we understand accommodation needs and offer innovative solutions. From Bangkok to New York and beyond, our team has footprints in over 50 locations around the world. With the help of industry-leading technology, we work and collaborate globally to bring together the best ideas from diverse perspectives. The Market Management team invests in long-term relationships that spans borders and cultures and results in incredible value for Agoda, our partners, and our customers.
As Area Manager for CEE and Russia, you will act as GM of the region. Your objectives will be to (i) manage the team of account managers & understand/fill gaps in the market to ensure best in class supply quality and to (ii) grow Agoda footprint in your region.
Ability to set up and execute a region strategy plan, a high level of commercial savvy, ability to motivate & coach a team, get things done attitude and ability to develop profitable long term partnerships with both internal and external customers will be key to your success in the role.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Act as a GM of the region
- Help the management team to build a strategy to significantly increase Agoda footprint in the region
- Coordinate with senior management on strategic planning and objectives
- Conduct market research into trends in the industry and market to ensure the competitiveness of Agoda’s products
- Represent the company at relevant trade-shows, workshops and events to promote the Agoda brand and products
- Develop and own relationships with key decision makers at hotels, technology partners and other relevant partners
- Insure Best in Class Supply (best availability at the best price with great content)
- Build a 360 vision of the quality of the supply in your region and a plan on how to fix the gaps
- Lead a team of market managers in managing successful hotel partnerships
- Support market managers in partner visits according to internal goals, targets and objectives
- Develop tools and processes to contribute to greater productivity and efficiency of your team
- Implement strategies and promotional activities with partners to enhance productivity and opportunities to maintain a competitive advantage for the Agoda website
- Develop a High Performing team
- Help in the recruitments
- Coach team
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree required, MBA is a plus
- 5-10 years experience in top-tier management consulting, or account management/business operations in a fast-growing globally operating tech company
- Proven leadership skills, team leader and team player
- Strategic thinking and planning, hands-on mentality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to report and persuade different levels, including senior management
- Ability to communicate value proposition and recommend solutions to potential partners
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English
- Excellent skills in presenting and analyzing data
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience in Travel industry
- Fluency in German (preferred but not compulsory)
#Sale #LI-AR1 #3 #Berlin #Munich #Germany #Austria #Zurich #Geneva #Switzerland #Paris #France #Amsterdam #Spain #London #UK
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.