[Cooperative Internship 2022] Data Science Intern, Data TeamApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
As part of the Data Science and Machine Learning (AI/ML) team you will be exposed to real-world challenges such as: dynamic pricing, predicting customer intents in real time, ranking search results to maximize lifetime value, classifying and deep learning content and personalization signals from unstructured data such as images and text, making personalized recommendations, innovating algorithm-supported promotions and products for supply partners, discovering insights from big data, and innovating the user experience. To tackle these challenges, you will have the opportunity to work on one of the world’s largest ML infrastructure employing dozens of GPUs working in parallel, 30K+ CPU cores and 150T of memory.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Mine, analyze and use big data of hundreds of millions.
- Design, code, experiment and implement models and algorithms to maximize customer engagement and business outcomes.
- Work with developers and a variety of business owners to deliver daily results with the best quality.
- Research discovers and harness new ideas that can make a difference.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Good understanding of AI/ML/DL and Statistics, as well as coding proficiency using related open-source libraries and frameworks.
- Significant proficiency in working with data in SQL and languages like Python, PySpark and/or Scala.
- Can lead, work independently as well as play a key role in a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for working in a multicultural work environment.
- Fluent English – speaking, reading, and writing.
It’s Great if you have:
- Hands on experience in data engineering, working with big data framework like Spark/Hadoop, Impala and reporting tools.
- Experience in NLP, reinforcement learning, image processing and/or recommendation systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.