Head of PricingApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
In the online travel industry, with fast changing user behavior and the increasing role played by price comparison websites, offering the best price grants disproportionate gains. Travelers chose Agoda because they are confident that they can find there the best hotels, at the best price.
Success can only be achieved by combining a programmatic approach to optimize volumes and margins in the short term with a strategic approach to take into account the reactions from the other players in the game, from customers to hotels, from competitors to regulatory bodies.
To this end, we are looking for a senior leader to craft Agoda’s global strategic pricing strategy and execute upon it, using a wide range of tactics and tools, from price display to machine learning algorithms.
He or she will closely coordinate with Agoda’s senior management, marketing and product teams, while managing and expanding a team of talented pricing campaign managers and analysts.
What you would be doing
- Work with C-level executives and other internal stakeholders to craft a global pricing framework, taking into account Agoda’s strategic priorities
- Work with the Product team to build the tools to execute and monitor pricing actions and to improve price display across all channels
- Work with the Market Development team to collect price benchmarking data and intelligence from local markets, and to respond to moves from competitors and hotel partners
- Design and deploy pricing actions, balancing short term financial goals with the longer term strategic imperatives
- Manage a multi-million dollar budget and provide visibility to internal stakeholders
- Inspire and coach a team of analysts and campaign managers and expand it by hiring talent
What you need to be good at to succeed in this role
- Experience in articulating strategic issues and negotiating with C-level executives – experience in leading strategy consulting projects a plus
- Excellent analytical skills – you really need to love data for this role
- Ability to foster cooperation across teams and across nationalities
- People management – track record of hiring and developing stars
- P&L management
- Entrepreneurial spirit, get-things-done attitude
- Exposure to IT and Product Development – basic coding skills a plus
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Part of the Priceline Group [world’s largest travel company – NASDAQ: PCLN], but still operated independently by its original founding team, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book over one million properties in almost every country on earth.
In very department – from engineering to customer support – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone out there. Over 2,500 people from 70 different nationalities bring the diversity of views that is essential in the fast changing online travel industry.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is growing fast, where you are empowered to create, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy, all at a scale that very few companies in the world today can offer.
#sanfrancisco #newyork #newyorkcity #seattle #losangeles #singapore #london #toronto #bengaluru #netherlands #mumbai #ENG #MRKT #ANLS #3 #LI-SM!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.