Customer Experience Team Manager – Japanese (Kuala Lumpur)Apply Now
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda’s Customer Support Team understands that travel can be an everchanging environment. That is why we provide in-person, real-time help around the clock and in 38 languages. No matter the issue, we present the best of Agoda’s values to each and every customer with multiple support channels and a strong desire to serve. Certainly doing more than answering phone calls or replying to emails, our specialists actively look for ways to improve our customer’s experience. We quickly adapt to challenges by collaborating with other teams and experimenting on everything we can. This has allowed us to develop new and effective products that produce meaningful results and continue to drive Agoda’s business performance. Our Customer Support Team serves a daily role in contributing to a core strength and service of Agoda with a clear vision and a focus on efficient and satisfying customer support.
We are looking for a talented, energetic, results-oriented person who loves working in a fast-paced, multinational environment. As a Contact Center Team Manager for our Japanese language team based in Kuala Lumpur, you will support both determined business objectives (KPIs) as well as acting as a motivator and decision maker to ensure that the group is working efficiently and in unity.
In this position, you will work closely with the operations management team and other departments within Agoda Customer Experience Group (CEG) to support our contact center. The team leader of operations will provide directions, instructions and guidance to the customer care specialists to achieve a certain goal. Understand the team members’ strengths, weaknesses and motivations.
The position requires you to provide extensive coaching to our contact center agents as well as provide valuable input on processes to our operations team.
You will also be expected to contribute with ideas for continuous organizational and employee skills development but also at the global level impacting our international contact center network.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Take ownership for team result and provide leadership in continuously monitor the traffic & highlight discrepancies and take actions on spot if needed to achieved the company’ goals and service level
- Understand development need of your team members and able to identify performance gaps, in order to provide coaching support
- Be an effective change manager for business continuous improvement and supportive of improvement opportunities identified by others.
- Act as a role model to ensure the proper and effective implementation of new and existing company policy & procedure.
- Driving team engagement and create a safe and open environment where regular feedback is encouraged
- Understand & analyze traffic reports, proactively make suggestions for improvement.
- Monitor team attendance, document infractions and implement corrective action.
- Assist with planning/organizing the proper coverage & align staffing.
- Supervise the quality assurance process and related training of staff members to ensure quality customer service.
- Participate in recruitment activities (screening, interviewing).
- Act as a backup of Operations Manager if needed.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Excellent command in spoken and written English and Japanese
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in people management in BPO or contact center
- Proficient in MS office and call center equipment/software programs.
- Strong analytical/presentation skills.
- Able to thrive under pressure, and have experience handing the most critical of customer escalations with calm and respect.
- A desire to help others work towards targets and develop their skills.
- Possess excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have a strong track record of evaluating, analyzing, implementing, leading, and monitoring effective and efficient processes to proactively improve center efficiency and staff performance.
- Excellent personal and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of individuals, including building strong partnerships with other stakeholders.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and effectively manage different timelines.
It’s Great if you have:
- A success story on how you go above and beyond expectation
- Experience managing Change
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.