Principal – Supply Innovation and Strategy (Bangkok)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Supply Innovation and Strategy (SIS) team sits within the Product Supply team at Agoda. We work closely with the sales department (Partner Services) to identify and optimize growth opportunities on accommodations supply for the company and to set up experiments to measure and implement changes. The projects SIS team works on directly impact Agoda’s bottom line and have long lasting structural impact to the business. We cover a range of topics including organizational efficiency, sales and product optimization, go to market strategies as well as new innovation and products. We collaborate with multiple departments and produce highly visible results backed up by experimentation and data. Utilizing powerful tools and possessing an end-to-end view of how Agoda works, the SIS offers a team of learning and experience that will push you (and Agoda) into new territory.
Principals in Agoda’s Supply Innovation and Strategy (SIS) team will lead a team of junior managers to own or manage both a region as well as a vertical business area for Agoda’s supply. They are responsible for analyzing data and market insights to identify growth opportunities for Agoda’s supply and new ideas as well as identify and execute localized experiments, product improvements and business optimization.
Principals will be tasked to develop a deep understanding on a vertical or region to identify growth opportunities for Agoda. Parts of the responsibility includes scanning the competitive landscape, spot trends and technical developments and ideate, plan and execute, experiments or improvements as needed. A Manager should be analytical and data driven enough to support identifying, presenting and ultimately implementing go to market strategies as part of commercializing recommendations. They should also understand various ecommerce and business metrics and concepts i.e. – conversion, ROI, etc.
In summary, Principals can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Manage a high performing team
- Work together to identify, and implement projects to improve Agoda’s supply either through a market view, a business vertical view or both
- Leverage data to analyze, identify and support recommendations for growth
- Presenting proposals including go to market strategies to senior management and C-suite for implementation
- Support global supply initiatives, including developing infrastructure
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 7-10 years of experience in Strategy and consulting, or Business development
- Past success in leading, coaching and developing teams
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to break down problems and come up with recommendations
- Entrepreneurial and not afraid to be hands-on on the work
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written in English) with ability to work well across multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics a plus
It’s Great if you have:
- Ability to write in SQL a plus, or willingness to learn
#CNSL #STRA #ANLS #4 #LI-SR1 #London #Berlin #KualaLumpur #Jakarta #Taipei #HongKong #Amsterdam
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.