Junior/Senior Software Quality Engineer, Back End (Bangkok based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In Agoda’s Back End Engineering department, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the Back End Engineering team.
The Software Quality Engineer role at Agoda is an integral part of the development process. Responsibilities of this role are to focus on creating a quality deliverable and ensure that the systems are developed with top quality in a timely manner. In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates and team members will share a passion for a high-quality product, strong engineering principles, and methodical problem-solving skills.
In This Role, you’ll get to:
- Lead and own quality strategy of assigned scrum team to ensure a right level of product quality
- Analyze complex software systems and influence others to improve the overall design
- Develop reliable automated test tools and environments to increase productivity
- Develop and track measurements to understand and drive test effectiveness and coverage
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning to execution also drive velocity and quality of product development together with scrum team
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- At least 2 years in as a software engineer, QA engineer or related roles
- Ability to code in any programming language
- Ability to identify and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and commit to the team’s schedules and goals
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication Experience in and interpersonal skills
- Good command of English (Speaking, Writing, and Reading)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of both large and small teams in a fast-paced environment
It’s Great if you Have:
- Scala Test is a plus
- Docker based knowledge is a plus
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline is a plus
- Experience in Agile Methodology is a plus
#singapore #seoul #tokyo #sydney #melbourne #dhaka #moscow #hcmc #kualalumpur #newdelhi #bengaluru #hyderabad #mumbai #chennai #kyiv #dubai #telaviv
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.