Lead/Staff Software Engineer – iOS (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Front-End Department builds the Agoda web and app products. We have several teams in front-end focusing on different aspects of our products including accommodations, flights, payments, marketing, post-booking services, and more. Agoda’s marketplace is the world. We build localized and optimized user experiences at scale on every major internet platform. These include our mobile websites, native apps, and desktop sites. We hire people from around the world who have a passion for using technology to create and implement the best user experiences. Our teams work on the full stack and build end-to-end systems including user interfaces, APIs, backend systems, and database systems. Our products are always evolving and under experimentation. We accomplish this by having an amazing degree of automation, CI/CD systems, and use a modularized approach. As we are data driven and measure our results, we continually innovate and improve our work. We are looking for the next great talent who strives to learn and grow and has a standard of excellence, strong sense of ownership, and great technical skills.
We are looking for mobile technology experts to join our select team of Technology Leads. Our Technology Leads have unique knowledge and abilities and lead our highly scaled mobile application development team to success. You must be a strong technical implementer and leader who can guide our staff beyond our already high standards of engineering to the next level.
Our technology leads are contributors to our code base sometimes developing whole new open source projects themselves in the doing. They code themselves, introduce new technologies, and provide excellent code reviews. As gold standards of excellence, they coach and guide their fellow engineers.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Lead development of features, experiments, technical projects and complex systems
- Full leadership of new technical projects and directions. Create new business opportunities.
- Give presentations, bring new ideas and directions to the team, create and run mentoring sessions. Contribute to and growing the knowledge base of the technical staff.
- Stay on the leading edge of technical know-how, industry trends, management approaches, and create an environment of always learning and always innovating.
- Lead and mentor other technical team members
- Continue to evolve our architecture and build better software in advanced Swift/IOS
- Get involved with full stack engineering and collaborate with server, other client, and infrastructure technical team members to build the best solution
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- At least 7 years of experience in advanced software engineering driving organizations in new directions, innovating, building advanced systems
- B.S. in Computer Science or quantitative field; M.S. preferred
- Be a leader, technical architect, mentor, and driver towards the right technology
- Expert level in one or more mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Web), both iOS and Android knowledge preferred
- Expert level in modern mobile and server coding and design practices. For example, VIPER, MVVM, MVP, SOLID principals, and TDD
- Solid knowledge of server technologies, databases, distributed systems, load balancing; Docker and Kubernetes experience preferred
- Experience in a DevOps culture – Agility. Leanness. Automation. CI/CD.
- Strong experience in systems architecture – particularly in complex, scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience in multiple platforms including iOS, Android, Web, and API services
- Have worked on an App or Internet company that is at scale with large numbers of users and transactions per second
- Have experience in a data driven company with experience analyzing and working with Big Data
- Lead teams and greenfield projects solving large system problems
- Worked on global projects serving world markets with distributed data centers and localization of the front end and data
#bangkok #sydney #melbourne #toronto #telaviv #kiev #london #moscow #newdelhi #budapest #paris #shanghai #sanfrancisco #IT #ENG #4 #LI-TS1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.