Data Science Manager (Singapore based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Drive the growth of your team and build a diverse, entrepreneurial team. You are a developer of people. You love leading diverse teams of professionals with both qualitative and quantitative backgrounds using data-driven and insights-led approaches to respond quickly in a dynamic, competitive, and fast changing industry.
Get your hands dirty. Tackle complex problems in the online travel and ecommerce space using a range of ML and data analysis methods. Use our huge data repositories to push our business metrics to their bounds, directly and indirectly. Foster a culture that constantly raises the bar for us and others and supports the freedom to explore and innovate.
Work on tough problems. Can we detect causation between metrics and bookings? How can automatically answer our users’ questions -and then do it just as well in all popular languages? How do we find same / similar properties from millions in the inventory based on text and images? How do we tune our AB testing platform to ensure we aren’t optimizing noise? How do we measure experiment success to properly trade off type I and II errors? What is the ideal caching strategy for prices and how do build an ML model to implement it? How can you detect anomalies within more than one million time-series that we track daily? Can you separate between bots and human traffic? Can you make our across-data-centers replication into smart replication using ML models? These are just a few of the diverse questions we tackle and some which you will lead your team to crack. You will be impacting every aspect of the business and it will require various techniques, from diving deep into data with SQL and Big Data tools, all the way to deploying modern machine learning models.
Deliver results. Work directly with the heads of the business departments and the product management team. Influence them with compelling product ideas based on data insights that can move the dial on our business.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Balance quantitative data analyses with qualitative user insights to uncover how our users book travel to drive new and existing product impact.
- Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning or other data science models to predict and influence the behavior of consumers with the goal of optimizing products & processes.
- Test and validate insights via rapid experimentation and deployment.
- Interface with business/operation teams and key stakeholders at all levels to formulate solutions & product changes informed by your findings.
- Leverage data to help the business answer questions around further expansion, products, process optimization, cost optimization, customer acquisition/retention/churn and any other business goals that can be addressed through data insights.
- Form strong, cross-functional relationships with designers, product managers, software developers, and marketers who build, design, and optimize our technology and tools.
- Hire and retain some of the best ML talent in the travel industry in Singapore
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Vast analytical problem-solving capabilities & experience.
- Experience in leading a team of both researchers and analysts preferably in an ecommerce, tech, banking, advertising or management consulting environment.
- Statistical knowledge and extreme proficiency in Python and/or Scala. Comfortable with SQL, Tableau, maybe R. Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop/Vertica/Spark/Kafka) is a plus.
- Strong understanding and implementation experience of predictive modeling algorithms such as regressions, time series, neural networks, clustering, decision trees and heuristic models, with familiarity dealing with tradeoffs between model performance and business needs.
- Experience combining user research and data science methodologies across multiple products and teams.
- Experience with research applications pertaining to user experience, marketing, and market insights.
- Fantastic communication skills that enable you to work cross-functionally with product managers, tech geeks and design gurus, building solid relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- The ability to convey complex solutions to a less technical person.
- Bias for action.
- Building a team and hiring the best
It’s Great if you have
- Advanced degree (MSc/PhD) in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Physics or Mathematics/Statistics
#singapore #IT #4 #5 #LI-JA1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.