Global Indirect Tax Manager (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
As an Global Indirect Tax Manager, you will work for Agoda Services Co., Ltd in Bangkok and report directly to the Head of Tax. You will be part of the Finance team (approximately 100 professionals) and also work closely with the Legal team.
The main focus of this position is managing all tax matters related to VAT, sales tax, GST and other indirect taxes for Agoda, including the compliance with tax regulations in all countries where we operate as a business, other tax related items and the relationships with Agoda’s tax and legal advisors.
This role involves interaction with our US parent company, our international offices, business managers, functional teams, IT and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Responsible for overall management of indirect tax compliance and advisory activities across the business.
- Assessment of indirect tax positions and interpretations of our business models.
- Define indirect tax requirements for existing and new programs/products and ensure practical implementation of these requirements in internal systems.
- Research and keep abreast of global indirect tax developments, evaluate necessary business and process changes, develop, and execute plans accordingly to ensure compliance with new tax rules and regulations.
- Manage indirect tax projects and develop strategic and operational implementation work plans to ensure new service or country launches are tax compliant and timely.
- Solid understanding of how indirect taxes affect in-house financial applications and systems e.g. Oracle.
- Reconcile revenue, purchase, output VAT/GST and input VAT/GST with financials.
- Coordinate with external advisors on various indirect tax issues, e.g. obtain tax advice as necessary and ensure accurate and timely indirect tax reporting and tax payment.
- Contribute to indirect tax awareness and appreciation within the Agoda group.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance or any business related field. Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) or graduate degree in taxation is a definite asset.
- 6-8 years of indirect tax experience in a multinational tax environment, Big 4 / Top law firm / major corporation experience highly regarded.
- Strong technical knowledge in indirect taxes (VAT/GST) in an international context, both in mature and developing jurisdictions.
- Experience with indirect tax setup in systems, including ERP systems.
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects.
- Able to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Project management expertise, including strong organizational and change management skills.
- Ability to work independently and productively.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complicated tax technical issues with senior leadership.
- Team management experience a plus.
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus.
It’s Great if you have:
- Self-motivated and results-oriented professional
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of cross-functional teams
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Team leader and team player
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Energetic and driven personality
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
#LI-SS2 #FIN #LGL #4 #seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur #brussels #paris #frankfurt #PRJM #sydney #melbourne #perth #beijing #paris #zurich #geneva #wroclaw #taipei #delhi
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.