International Tax Specialist (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
As International Tax Specialist, you will be a member of Agoda’s Global Tax Team and will work for Agoda Services Co., Ltd in Bangkok. You will be part of the Finance Team (approximately 100 professionals) and support the Tax Team in handling international tax compliance matters and advisory work for the Agoda entities worldwide.
This role involves interaction with our US parent company, our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Assist in reviewing tax returns prepared by external advisors (i.e. corporate income tax, withholding tax and indirect taxes) in foreign jurisdictions where the company has legal presence or is registered for tax purposes.
- Assist in identifying potential tax exposures and/or problem areas when reviewing tax compliance.
- Support the Tax Team in tax reporting process.
- Liaise with both internal cross-functional teams and external advisors for tax advisory and tax compliance matters.
- Support tax advisory and tax compliance matters related to direct tax, indirect tax (VAT/GST) and Digital Service Tax.
- Support the tax advisory team in addressing tax implications of new products, tax law changes and/or expansion into new countries, and coordinating with external advisors (as appropriate) to develop and implement solutions for the organization
- Perform ad-hoc tax assignments
- Support the Tax Team in daily operations to accomplish tax objectives
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance or any business related field
- Certified accountant/certified tax adviser/equivalent (a plus)
- 2 – 4 years of experience in tax advisory, tax compliance and tax computations/provisions
- Experience in dealing with Tax Authorities during tax audits/investigations
- Experience working in a MNC environment (a plus)
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Good analytical, communication & interpersonal skills with adaptability
- Good command of English (both in writing and speaking)
- Good computer literacy (MS Office package)
- Singapore tax compliance experience a plus
- Experience in OneSource and SQL is a plus
It’s Great if you have:
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate and present clearly and confidently;
- Adaptable to new technologies, quick learner;
- Team player;
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly disciplined work habits;
- Energetic and driven personality, thirsty for knowledge;
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change;
- Creative and Innovative.
#LI-SS2 #FIN #LGL #4 #manila #seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur #brussels #paris #frankfurt #PRJM #sydney #melbourne #perth #beijing #paris #zurich #geneva #wroclaw #taipei #delhi
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.