Director of Operations (Bangkok-based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Supply, Operations, Analytics and Programs (SOAP) team is a team of creative entrepreneurs that develop solutions for Agoda’s non-accommodation partners and promote Agoda’s top and bottom line growth. We design tailored business and product solutions with our partners and help them generate measurable value. Members of our team are empowered and supported to grow their market(s) or accounts. We develop win-win relationships and leverage Agoda’s unique accommodations portfolio and tech solutions to bring our partners the advantages they seek. Utilizing our strong brand and resources, we build new channels to increase the visibility of Agoda, introduce more travelers to our great products and service and deliver significant revenues to the overall business.
The Supply, Operations, Analytics and Programs (SOAP) team is a fast growing and dynamic team within Partner Services department of Agoda. The team is responsible for developing and scaling a range of marketing solutions for accommodation partners focusing on growth, visibility, conversion, pricing recommendations and financial products, as well as advertising and display marketing solutions for businesses and travel organizations.
The team scope includes strategic planning, business development and sales operations, project management, contracting operations, risk assessment and collections operations, product development work and data analytics. Team members closely work with multiple internal stakeholders in product and tech, finance and legal, marketing and partner services in our HQ as well as in multiple offices around the world.
A Director will bring a strong leadership drive and analytical acumen coupled with operations and project management knowledge, business development skills and diplomatic stakeholder management approach to the team, with the ability to recruit, motivate, coach and mentor subordinates.
The team plays an important role in design, development, rollout, sales and performance management of portfolio of programs by aligning stakeholders, prioritizing resources, executing projects to increase portfolio size or improve operations, as well as monitor portfolio performance and build relevant tracking tools and processes.
The key objective will be to achieve Strategic Partner Programs milestones and KPI targets by managing efficient and productive team, optimizing processes, creating and delivering new projects that result in win-win benefits for both Agoda and our partners.
You will report to Senior Director – Supply, Operations, Analytics, and Programs (SOAP) and manage a team, work closely with various stakeholders, including local country teams, Product team, Finance and Legal teams and other departments. Successful candidate should be able to represent Partner Programs team for Agoda’s senior leadership and important external stakeholders and partners.
Proven experience in managing a team, driven and friendly personality, data driven decision making, disciplined work habits, strong ethic and attention to details will all be key to the role.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Analyze data, feedback, ideas, gaps and identify opportunities for improvement and scale
- Prioritize opportunities, assess potential business impact and build plans
- Organize experiments and pilots to verify hypothesis and project assumptions
- Plan projects milestones and KPIs for your team
- Supervise project execution and support team in decision making and stakeholder management
- Be a trusted partner for Country directors and other stakeholders, help them achieve targets by driving partner programs portfolio.
- Create and own new programs and products go-to-market strategy and roadmap
- Ensure operational and commercial goals are achieved
- Lead, coach and manage a team of managers and specialists to achieve set targets
- Establish individual goals and conduct direct reports performance reviews
- Ensure good and pro-active team work with subordinates, colleagues and superiors
- Provide the team and the senior management with regular, constructive and relevant feedback and weekly reviews
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Master or equivalent degree required, MBA from top business schools would be a plus;
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team of 20+, including managing managers, with a proven success record in setting and achieving KPIs, developing and growing the team;
- 6+ years total progressive management consulting, tech or e-commerce leadership or department management experience;
- Proven project management, product management techniques knowledge;
- Travel industry expertise is a plus;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, high level of proficiency in Excel and other data analysis tools
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally);
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Ability to move fast and focus on the core opportunity;
- Convincing but diplomatic communication style;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
#LI-SV1 #Singapore #Berlin #Dublin #London #Jakarta #Hongkong #paris #5
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.