Data Privacy Program Manager (based in Bangkok, relocation offered)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
Based in our Bangkok office and reporting to Agoda’s Data Protection Officer and Head of Data Privacy – you will be expected to manage Agoda’s privacy program and lead the implementation of global privacy projects across all Agoda’s business lines.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
1. Have overall responsibility for Agoda’s Data Privacy governance framework, including:
- Manage Agoda’s privacy control framework for all Agoda entities in APAC, US and EU and subject to global privacy regulations.
- Lead on the development of an auditing program through self-assessment of effectiveness of the data protection strategy and coordinate external audits on the privacy program.
- Drive privacy projects based on defined priorities aligned to the data strategy and often requiring a high level of business complexity, ensure the scope of deliverables and timelines are met, and communicate and report on achievements, working streams, milestones, risks and status.
- Assist with the monitoring and management of operational privacy practices, privacy policies, procedures and guidelines, processing operations, risk mitigation and reporting.
- Develop best in class processes and practices including for vendor onboarding, privacy by design and by default and for data subject rights requests.
- Contribute and operate relevant privacy and compliance tools and systems that aide the privacy program.
- Act as a point person and/or subject matter expert for any inspections initiated by a supervisory authority and prepare relevant responses to inquiries from the relevant supervisory authority or other legal or regulatory bodies.
2. Plan, design and execute country compliance projects as new data privacy legislation comes into effect.
3. Lead, promote and advocate compliance with Agoda’s privacy program throughout the organization.
4. Assist with investigating data breaches and complex privacy requests and ensure that relevant issues and risks are handled in a timely and compliant matter.
5. Provide guidance and advice on ad-hoc data privacy matters and support the DPO in the exercise of their duties.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Lawyer or equivalent level of legal qualification or demonstrable knowledge in privacy and data protection laws/regulations.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with a significant privacy focus; a CIPP, CIPM, CIPT and/or CISA certification(s) and/or a project management accreditation is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a privacy risk program and adhering to global privacy frameworks (e.g. NIST).
- Strong passion for data privacy but also understanding of risk mitigation practices, gap analysis, privacy certifications and seals and auditing/assessment from a data protection perspective.
- Experience in, and a strong interest for, technology, big data, preferably having experience in a fast-paced tech company.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills to interact with all departments across different countries as well as with external parties.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with senior management and decision-making individuals within Agoda and Booking Holdings Group.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge and skills in other APAC or EU languages are a plus.
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience building or having helped scale and mature privacy compliance programs and projects in a tech company with a global footprint.
- A good understanding of how Product, IT, Marketing and Design teams operate and of the practical obstacles of implementing privacy principles in a complex technological ecosystem.
- Motivated and capable of managing own workload with a sense of priority and flexibility.
- Discretion and high ethical standards.
#Singapore #London #Ireland #Dublin #Berlin #Frankfurt #Paris #Zurich #Amsterdam #Shanghai #Beijing #Taiwan #HongKong #Seoul #Tokyo #Brussels #Prague #Warsaw #Bucharest #dataprivacy #LGL #LI-SE1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.