Senior Front End Engineer – Data Experience Team (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
We are looking for a qualified Front-end developer to join our Data Experience Team. Our Data Experience team are at the intersection of Big Data Technologies and Front End Web Development. They are primarily tasked with building web based applications that help Agoda employees to interact with and make sense of our data.
You will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications. You should be able to translate our user needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. Lastly, you should be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Design, develop and build a new unified data platform that powers internal teams of Agoda to fetch and query the data from different data sources
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand requirements
- Real-time monitoring for the production system
- Be UI domain expert and a team player to rely on for all UI stuff
- Inspire recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native
- Maintain code and write unit tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in building scalable high performance UI application
- Understanding of state management libraries like Redux/Flex or Mob-X
- Experience in at least one package management tool – NPM/Yarn
- Experience with at least one server side language – Java/Python/Scala.
- Strong understanding of JSON, DOM and W3C standards
- Understanding of REST principles and HTTP APIs
- Experience on working with Git
- Strong sense of ownership
- Attitude of getting things done
It’s Great if you have:
- Good to have knowledge on Hadoop, Spark, SQL, ElasticSearch, Logstash
- Experience with automated CI/CD systems,
- Experience in any form of data persistence (RDBMSs, NoSQL)
#sydney #melbourne #perth #paris #london #tokyo #dhaka #edinburgh #liverpool #manchester #amsterdam #munich #berlin #toronto #vancouver #moscow #dublin #seoul #hcmc #telaviv #taipei #ENG #IT #4 #LI-PK1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.