Senior Design Manager (Bangkok Based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
We believe in making it easier for everyone to experience the world.
What’s the role?
Agoda has recently seen rapid growth in both new and loyal guests, as online travelers are looking to get back to travelling all over the world again. To support this shift in traveler behavior, we are investing in our core consumer booking experiences by both improving the core buyer booking funnel, while also introducing new technologies and features to give guests new ways to discover their next travel adventure. This role will work alongside product and engineering leaders to scale and optimize native product development and design across the entire product organization to ensure our users on web and native are both getting a robust, consistent experience in line with Agoda’s core Experience Principles and high design standards.
What’s product design management like at Agoda?
Typically, product design managers at Agoda partner with product management and engineering to lead teams passionate about customer outcomes, while mentoring and growing the product designers on that team.
Day to day, it looks like:
- Lead product designers by mentoring and creating career growth opportunities for those on your team
- Collaborate with cross-functional team leads to craft the vision, strategy, and operations of your initiatives
- Ensure we are building the right products for our customers, and help teams take the best near-term steps toward their long-term vision
- Advocate for our customer, and guide teams to deliver well-executed and on-brand experiences by using our design system
- Lead regular design reviews, critiques, and brainstorming sessions for your teams
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the product design team and its members
- Recruit and hire outstanding design talent and facilitate onboarding of new designers
- Partner with our Design Systems team to make plans to evolve the components and styles for our internal tooling needs
- Work alongside the broader Design Leadership team to craft our teams’ culture, processes, and tools
Senior Product Design Manager at Agoda means you have a track record of:
- Leading design strategy for complex initiatives and growing design leaders
- Leading through ambiguity, making use of your soft skills to persuade and build alignment with senior leaders around a vision and approach
- Using holistic thinking to identify customer experience opportunities that create impact across the organization
- Partnering with a design leadership team to help shape management practices, and mentoring other design leaders to put those in practice
- Incorporating advancements in the field of product design to guide the skills and practices of our team
- Developing a deep understanding of current native technologies and design patterns, and can guide your design team to use these in practice
Qualities we value in design leaders:
- Effective articulation of ideas and design solutions
- Expressing feedback with kindness and candor
- Tolerance for ambiguity and healthy curiosity
- Translation of quantitative & qualitative insights into design decisions
- Contribution to our culture: motivation, optimism, quality, integrity
#seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago #hongkong #singapore #berlin #shanghai #losangeles #boston #austin #toronto #luxembourg #munich #oslo #copenhagen #stockholm #helsinki #brussels #hamburg #stuttgart #taipei #hamburg #stuttgart #dublin #telaviv #sydney #melbourne #perth #vancouver #montreal #prague #paris #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #lisbon #amsterdam #azerbaijan #armenia #belarus #kazakhstan #kyrgyzstan #moldova #russia #tajikistan #turkmenistan #uzbekistan #ukraine #LI-VV1 #4
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.