Accounts Payable Senior Officer (Bangkok based)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Execute the daily finance operations and payment
- Ensure that financial data, for which you are responsible, is accurate and delivered on-time
- Monitor accounting and associated IT systems to appropriately create debtors/creditor/nominal ledger and booking system interdependencies.
- Support the team to deliver ad hoc requests/projects
- Ensure that the processes are compliant with internal control (SOX)
- Ensure that unusual items or cases are brought up for discussion appropriately and solved within the deadline
- Proactive partnering, ensure fairly support stakeholders within Finance and outside of Finance
- Resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Resolve payment related queries with satisfactory outcomes
- Actively identify areas for improvements to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the workflows
- Provide inputs on required changes to related daily activities and reports
- Elimination of unnecessary processes
- Keep up to date on new central bank regulations/payments regulations
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 3 years experiences in Accounts Payable Accounting or related field.
- Audit experience is preferable
- Working in Multinational Company and travel industry is preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skill, problem solving, prioritization, proactive handling and teamwork with ability to meet deadline.
- Proficient in MS Office Application.
- Dynamic and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Team working skills – ability to collaborate, influence and mediate effectively with other teams both within and outside of finance
- Energetic, initiative with good communication skills in Thai and English.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.