Office Manager – NYC (12 months contract)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
*** This is a 1-year contract position ***
Get to Know our Team:
The People Team is a purveyor of opportunity, searching the globe for the most talented individuals and offering them an open, collaborative workplace. By prioritizing skill and potential, we have cultivated a powerful assembly of professionals through our drive for equal opportunity and diversity. We make the move to Agoda a breeze with assisted onboarding programs, and we continue to support and enrich our thousands of Agoda employees through individual growth with outstanding learning programs and various means of assistance. Our development of incredible benefits has ensured everyone can stay strong, healthy, and happy during their time at Agoda. Leading ambitious changes and making a positive impact in the lives of our employees, the People Team is a crucial and rewarding part of the Agoda family.
Our Office Managers are responsible for creating a workplace environment where our employees in our local office feel safe, secure, connected and inspired. The goal is to develop an inclusive culture that attracts and retains Agoda’s talented employees.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering a diverse range of people focused projects from enhancing our safety programs, organizing inspiring employee activities and events, and delivering future workplace experience needs.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Ensure efficient running of the NYC office (and to some extent, local offices) including:
- Manage relationships with external partners, e.g., building management, vendors for storage, cleaning, catering and other office-related needs
- Determine budget and goals, make recommendations to senior management, and operationalize once approved
- Oversee third-party vendor selection, make recommendations to senior management, negotiate and manage vendor contracts, facilitate vendor payments
- Establish procurement procedures and maintain inventory of office supplies
- Manage logistics of office reorgs/moves
- Implement security and business continuity initiatives (e.g., visitor support procedures, fire wardens)
- Serve as primary point of contact for office-related needs including facilitating communication to staff about office-related changes and updates, managing office badges and mail, acquiring promotional items for new hires and business partners
- Enhance administrative processes by identifying improvements and implementing solutions that save time and improve accuracy
- Manage ad-hoc administrative requests and operative tasks within the office
- Liaison with many internal stakeholders, including global Workplace Experience Team and I.T. Team in Bangkok
- Partner to efficiently deliver creative employee events and engagement initiatives that excite our employees – from supporting localization and implementation of global Agoda initiatives to organizing local office activities and events and managing associated budget and catering or other needs
- Conduct new hire orientations and assist with new hire onboarding and process for departing employees
- Serve as culture ambassador, leading by example to promote and embody our working environment that showcases our diverse, unique culture and preparing promotional photographic/video material
- Handle additional responsibilities that may be assigned based on company strategy, operation, activities
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with office management and/or office administration
- Confident user of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other workplace tools
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with ability to prioritize effectively and work independently
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Positive energy, focused on delivering creative, high quality solutions
- Passion for delivering high level of customer service and confidence in managing range of stakeholders
- Creative mindset with energy to deliver new employee experiences and events
- Comfort working in fast-paced and collaborative environment with ability to maintain professional composure under pressure
- Hands-on experience with standard office equipment (e.g., printers, scanners)
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience leading projects independently and/or organizing successful events
- Experience in customer service as front line for customers or stakeholders, helping with inquiries and dealing with challenges
- Experience in content and campaign creation for engagement activities
- Strong analytical abilities to accurately assess employees’ needs, evaluate feedback, and translate those into actionable recommendations
- Experience preparing promotional material (print and video)
- Bachelor’s degree or studying in field of HR, Marketing, Business, or a related field a plus
- Other languages a plus
#newyork #contract #ADM
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.