Commercial Counsel (Strategic Partnerships)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
Seeking able, confident, curious and self-motivated lawyer to join the growing Agoda Commercial Legal team who will work closely with others stakeholders in the Booking Holdings group and particularly with colleagues at Booking.com.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Draft and negotiate international, commercial agreements with a focus on strategic partnerships, supply distribution, promotion, new initiatives, marketing, and public relations.
- Provide well-reasoned, yet practical legal advice on a wide-range of legal and business matters and processes
- As a true business partner, to maintain regular communication with key business teams, including senior level management, global legal team, finance and tax, and external counsel
- Implement contract standards and controls, including that which happens at the holding company and/or sister-brand level
- Contribute to new policies, procedures, training, and templates with the goal of fostering efficiency and compliance
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 6 – 8 years post qualified experience
- Excellent communications and legal drafting in English
- Qualified lawyer/attorney with current entitlement to practise
- Strong academic credentials, top-tier law firm experience plus prior in-house and significant commercial contracting experience
- Ability to work independently from intake through execution
- A demonstrated can-do, roll up your sleeves, collaborative approach, coupled with a strong work ethic and sound judgment
- Experience with travel industry/technology a plus
- Ability to forge trusted relationships with colleagues around the world
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills; English proficiency
- Love for far-flung places and willingness to travel for business (when able)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#LI-SS2 #3 #LGL #Singapore #Melbourne #London #Paris #Frankfurt #HongKong #Taiwan #Israel