[Tech Cooperative Internship] Data Pipeline Engineer Intern (4-6 months)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Messaging Team handles the data pipeline infrastructure that is the core backbone for all Data Event Logging within Agoda and is crucial to real time monitoring of all Agoda Systems. You’ll have opportunity to work with large distributed system such as Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes, etc. You will have opportunity to understand how we send large amount of data through pipeline with low latency. You’ll know how to maintain, monitor and troubleshooting all of components in pipeline. Then you have chances to develop tools to help TB to PB worth of data flows smoothly in pipeline with accuracy and low latency. Your tools will be designed and developed in scalable and stable ways to help support or be parts of the pipeline. Your tools or applications will run in Docker and Kubernetes which is more scalable and consistent.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- In the first few days, you’ll learn about our Data Pipeline going through the onboarding courses.
- Immediately after and based on your interests, you’ll have an opportunity to choose which portions of the Data Pipeline you would like to work on.
- Together with your mentor, you’ll then decide on an Internship project and go through the entire development cycle all within the course of your internship.
- You will take a project from ideation all the way to production. You would come up with an idea, develop a proof of concept, write tests, build dashboards, make your code production ready, deploy to production, debug issues and learn how to automate everything.
- Come out at the end of the Internship shipping real code, understanding what it takes to deal with TB to PB worth of data, how to design good and scalable software, learning more about large distributed systems, and seeing your code run in
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Degree in IT related / Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Know at least one of these languages: Java, C#, Go, Python
- Service-minded, Multi-tasking and Problem-solving person, Good communication skills, fast learning and willing to learn
- Strong English, in speaking, reading and writing
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
It’s Great if you have:
- Knowledge and experiences in Big data such as Hadoop, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge and experiences in system languages/tools such as Shell script, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.