Senior Software Developer – Infrastructure (Bangkok based)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The IT Infrastructure team operates all networks, servers, and storage platforms used to deliver services to Agoda’s customers. We support every product within the company, working with a wide range of systems and technology stacks. As part of the IT Infrastructure team, you’ll be working with over 25,000 server instances, one of the largest OpenStack private clouds in Asia, sophisticated Kubernetes-based compute engines, and a data platform capable of transporting and ingesting millions of data messages per second. Each of these opportunities – coupled with an open work environment – are a great way to gain experience on a modern and dynamic platform, constantly evolving to adapt to changes in the business landscape.
Our infrastructure team in Bangkok is searching for an experienced Senior Software Developer (full stack) to help us build services to scale and manage our infrastructure. We are looking for somebody with hands-on experience in infrastructure system development, writing code to interface with the system management APIs exposed by OpenStack, Ceph, Kubernetes, etc.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Design, engineer and support Agoda’s internal private cloud stack, with primary focus on development of automation tools for infrastructure lifecycle management
- Research and development of infrastructure service improvements to help drive efficiency improvements.
- Work with stakeholders (Infrastructure management/team members, software development managers, database operations teams) to gather requirements and develop software/tools to support the needs of the business in an Agile scrum environment
- Troubleshoot product and system issues at scale across multiple global DCs.
- Mentoring of other Engineers within the team, preparation of technical documentation and training.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- At least 5 years of system development experience (Python, GoLang or similar)
- Good knowledge of web development frameworks (front/back end), programming libraries and protocols (Django, Flask, React, JQuery, HTML, CSS, AJAX, RESTful APIs)
- Practical experience writing automation or monitoring tools interfacing with Openstack/Kubernetes/Consul/out of band management APIS (DRAC/ILO), etc.
- Development in a CI/CD, observability– focused environment
- Familiarity with virtualization, containers and container orchestration (Openstack/Docker/Kubernetes/etc.)
- Monitoring/Alerting/Logging Services (Sensu, Nagios, Logstash, Graphite, Grafana, Kibana, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with developers and operations in DevOps enabled environments.
- Familiarity with using open source projects, or contributing to open source projects.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time.
- Self-motivated, approachable and adaptable, with good communication skills (working language is English).
#auckland #sydney #melbourne #capetown #johannesburg #london #berlin #amsterdam #paris #brussels #budapest #zurich #istanbul #moscow #minsk #singapore #bangalore #kyiv
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.