Data ScientistApply Now
Tel Aviv, Israel
Working Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
(3 min walk from Tel Aviv-HaShalom station)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
As a data scientist in Agoda, your work will impact the experiences of millions of people planning their next vacation. You’ll work with top-notch data scientists from the Israeli office, which is responsible for some of the key-projects with Agoda, in the fields of Bidding, Anomaly detection, NLP, and more. You’ll work on big, rich datasets with state-of-the-art DS tools.
As we are social folk, we are looking for a team player – you’ll have a lot of interfaces with people in Israel and aboard. You should also be independent, curious, and willing to share your perspective and push your ideas.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Develop predictive models and algorithms to support business decisions
- Work with the business domains to help shape the right questions
- Mine our large & growing volumes of data to find actionable insights to drive ongoing improvements
- Be part of an international, production-oriented, data-driven team
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Minimum 3 years working as a data scientist/ statistician
- MSc in Math / Computer Science / Operational Research or other quantitative fields (a Ph.D. is a major plus)
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming language (Python or Scala preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Good knowledge of what’s “Under the hood” of ML methods and packages (and preferably knowing how to utilize them in Python, Spark, or equivalent)
- A good balance between theory and practice
- The desire to keep up with the latest technologies and stay ahead of the curve
It’s Great If You Have
- Experience in Adtech, Bidding systems, Online experimentation – a big plus
- Experience working with big data and distributed computing (e.g. Spark)
- Experience in Deep Learning with hands-on work on Keras/TensorFlow/PyTorch is a plus
- Experience in NLP tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides itself on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/
#telaviv #ENG #IT #4 #LI-PK1