Collections Admin – 6 months contractApply Now
**This is a 6 months contract role**
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
At Credit Risk and Collections (“CRC”) in Finance, we are proud to be the gatekeepers of Agoda’s money. Our job is two-fold; help decide who Agoda should advance money to and how to collect what we are owed. As part of this, CRC assesses and manages Agoda’s counterparty credit risk, collects payments and tax invoices for select products globally while also managing relationships with Agoda’s global risk solution providers and debt collection agencies.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Be able to investigate from historical data for each debt or bill and to collect overdue payments, achieving set targets.
- Handle challenging emails from both internal and external
- Provide customer service regarding collection/ invoice issues, review account adjustments, resolve discrepancies and short payments
- Working on chargeback under the credit card scheme
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- account adjustments, small balance writes off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Record all activities including update status records, collection efforts, and chargeback status, amounts and dates, etc. into trackers.
- Create and develop reports including in Excel
- Be able to navigate through Agoda’s internal systems as well as related stakeholders within and outside finance to troubleshoot partner queries and disputes with the aim of accelerating recovery.
- Work with the Manager on various Collections projects and analytics aimed to improve overall collection efficiency
- Learn to operate internal backoffice systems, bank portals as relevant for automated collections through Direct Debit and other modes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Preferable 2-3 years’ experience in either in Collection, Tourism & Hospitality Industry or other related fields, but new graduated students are also welcomed
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
- Working knowledge of MS Office, expertise in Excel, Word and databases
- Comfortable working with targets and deadline
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Excellent communication skills in Thai and English (written and speaking)
- Skilled in negotiation
- Problem-solving skills
- Tech savvy
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#ACCT #FIN #contract #2 #LI-NS2