Team Senior Administrator, Global Affairs & CSR
Agoda is an online travel company with rapid global growth. Our mission is to help people experience the world. Our expansive office in Bangkok is home to 1,500+ best-in-class professionals from 60+ nations who thrive in our culture of innovation, speed, and teamwork. As we expand, we need to deepen our relationships with governments and stakeholders around the world. Toward this goal, Agoda is standing up a Global Affairs unit which will include Government Affairs, CSR, and other functions.
This is a new department within Agoda, so a spirit of entrepreneurship and flexibility is essential. This is an uncommon opportunity to join a new team and help to build a new small but impactful unit in Agoda.
The person who fills this central role will be responsible for all the core administrative functions of the team. These include managing the budget, working with vendors, coordinating travel, managing our contact database, scheduling meetings with senior government and business leaders. The Team Administrator will also create and maintain reports, join brainstorming sessions on problem solving, and coordinate the wide-ranging functions of this growing team.
We seek a self-motivated, organized, and passionate person who understands that Agoda CSR and Government Affairs programs can change the world. Our Team Administrator will have excellent organizational and communication skills, be able to support multiple projects simultaneously, communicate with senior business and government leaders on behalf of the Managing Director, enjoy administrative and budget support roles, and love working within a dynamic team.
Our Team Leader will report to our Managing Director and work with team members across the world.
- Manage budgets, contracts, and payments
- Serve as primary point of contract with external partners
- Serve as primary point of contact for other Agoda departments, including Legal, PR, IT, and others
- Plan and organize meetings; help the team with logistics and support for events, both internal and external
- Prepare presentations, team dashboard, spreadsheets, and newsletters
- Manage departmental CRM (customer relationship management) systems
- Research, edit, and prepare reports on global issues and CSR trends
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years’ experience in an administrative role highly desirable. Strong preference for someone with a background in multi-national and/or technology companies
- Demonstrated experience with office technology and programs required
Skills and qualities:
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in Thai and English
- Strong knowledge of major Microsoft programs, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with desktop publishing software (e.g., Wordpress) highly desirable
- Fluency with social media platforms highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to learn (and teach!) new technology programs
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills required – both IQ and EQ. Ability to make friends, build relationships, influence people
- Quantitative skills: Strong quantitative skills required to manage budgets, etc.
- Adaptability and flexibility a key requirement of the role; ability to respond quickly, change course, shift priorities – while keeping a close eye on longer-term commitments