This is a Bangkok based role.
We’re Hiring Quality Assurance Manager for our Data Platform and BI team!
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia and as a Booking Holdings company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Technology is not just what we do – it’s at the heart of who we are. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. We love innovation and putting new technologies to work to extend our lead on the competition. What’s stopping you from getting in touch?
Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what we do around the globe. We move fast – why wait ages to see your ideas go live? Therefore, business value from your contribution can be seen in real-time basis. Work on tough challenges, safe in the knowledge that you are surrounded by people as smart as you are (if not smarter!) to help solve them. And while we’re on the subject, Agoda people come from over 70 countries: It’s an incredible technical creative melting pot!
- Lead and own quality strategy of Data Platform Scrum team to ensure a right level of product quality
- Own Data QA quality on both functionality + performance and practices of assigned Scrum team
- Design necessary test automation and infrastructure needed of Data Platform products and share implementation effort with software engineers
- Ability to write complex SQL and store procedures to support testing, review queries created by other QA members
- Monitor and ensure each change achieves its business KPI on production
- Drive the velocity of product development together with scrum team
- 5+ years experiences in Data Platform testing/engineering i.e. Data Quality, Data Profiling, Data Warehouse and reporting (ex. Microsoft ETL stack (SSIS), SQL server)
- Deep knowledge in Relational Database Management Systems including complex SQL queries (ex. Microsoft SQL)
- Experience with data warehouse tools & framework (such as Hive, Hadoop)
- Ability to code in any programming language
- Experience in Test Automation
- Good command of English (Speaking, Writing, and Reading)
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and commit to the team's schedules and goals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to work under direct and assertive culture
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business Analytics, Statistics, Business Administration and/or equivalent formal training and work experience
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.