PR Manager, Agoda Global PR Team (Bangkok/Singapore)
Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
We work in a dynamic and competitive marketplace, where our creativity and strong storytelling ensures we connect with travelers in Asia Pacific and around the world. We are seeking an enthusiastic and pro-active PR manager to join our growing public relations (PR) team in Bangkok to help us continue this journey.
Working within the global public relations team, you’ll be:
- a creative thinker and an all-round make-it-happen team player
- interested in what makes the news and how to create that narrative – keeping a finger on the pulse of breaking news, spotting trends and other editorial/content opportunities for Agoda
- great at coming up with creative media relations strategies but also be analytical and measurement driven
- able to demonstrate management of junior team members and agencies to ensure the timely delivery of PR campaigns in multiple markets
- a key contact for the Agoda global press office team drafting pitches, media briefings, Q&As as well as generating campaign ideas
- part of an international, results-focused PR team
- Minimum of six years of traditional or digital PR experience, ideally in an agency setting
- Experience in working within a matrix organization structure, across multiple markets
- Strong story-telling experience to consumer, corporate and B2B audiences
- Demonstrable experience of an integrated approach to PR (content, social media, influencers, media partnership etc.)
- Strong media contacts in Singapore/Thailand; sound knowledge of influencers and non-traditional channels
- Great English writing, editing and proof-reading skills. Other languages would be considered advantageous
- Crisis and issues management experience would be beneficial
- Quick thinking and ability to spot trends and exploit opportunities to respond quickly to social sentiment
- Project management capabilities and experience in managing creative and production resources
- Experience in managing internal – including senior management – and external relationships to keep people inspired, motivated and working across disciplines and teams
- Experience of managing and maximizing budgets
- Ability to measure quality/impact of content for future improvement
What makes this role interesting
The global PR function was reinvigorated in 2018 and our new PR Manager will be an integral part of this continued growth and change.
Our PR function oversees 14+ managed markets, helping share the Agoda story across the world. The person who fills this role will be central to making us even better.
We move fast, in all sorts of formats, and all types of markets. You’ll be able to make a difference quickly, contributing ideas and shaping our thinking.
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
#PR #LI-NS2 #PRJM #4 #singapore