Job Description: PR Executive (Bangkok)
Agoda is one of the fastest growing and most innovative companies in the online travel space. From its SE Asia base, it has grown to employ more than 3,700 staff in 30 countries around the world.
We work in a dynamic and competitive marketplace, where our creativity and strong storytelling ensures we connect with travelers in Asia Pacific and around the world. We are seeking an enthusiastic and pro-active PR executive to join our growing public relations team in Bangkok to help us continue this journey.
- Working within the global public relations team under marketing, you’ll be a creative thinker and an all-round make-it-happen team player
- You’ll be interested in what makes the news and how to create that narrative – and will keep a finger on the pulse of breaking news, spotting trends and other editorial and content opportunities for Agoda
- You’ll provide press office support for the global PR team: monitoring breaking news, contributing to creative pitches/campaigns, briefs for agencies, compiling media lists as well as drafting global coverage reporting and measurement
- You will help to draft news releases and pitch documents, providing research support for the global PR team
- You’ll manage owned channels, source content and photography libraries
- You’ll work with the PR Managers to reach out to key media across the Asia Pacific region and globally
- You’ll provide administrative support for agency activity
- At least 1 year traditional and digital consumer or corporate PR experience, ideally in an agency setting
- Excellent English / Thai reading and writing skills. Other languages would be considered advantageous
- A natural story telling ability – instinctively knowing what makes good copy and content
- Understanding and exposure to various communications channels (press office, social media, paid channels, influencers, media partnership etc.)
- Experience in managing owned platforms (WordPress, Blogger, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Competence in using PR monitoring and distributing platforms
- Good knowledge of how the media works. Track record of liaising with influencers, social media and non-traditional channels
- Pro-active and positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Quick thinking and ability to spot trends across the corporate, consumer and cultural media landscape, exploit media opportunities and respond quickly to social sentiment
What makes this role interesting
We’ve only just begun. We’ve been using brand marketing for two years, with the PR function reinvigorated in the past year. The person who fills this role will be central to making us even better.
We move fast. We are taking brand creative to market constantly, in all sorts of formats, and all types of markets. You’ll be able to make a difference quickly, contributing ideas and shaping our thinking. It’s a category that is growing and that innovates quickly. In short, it’s enormously stimulating
Agoda is one of the world’s fastest growing online travel booking platforms. From its beginnings as an e-commerce start-up based in Singapore in 2005, Agoda has grown to offer a global network of 1.8 million properties in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, offering travelers easy access to a wide choice of luxury and budget hotels, apartments, homes and villas to suit all budgets and travel occasions.
Headquartered in Singapore, Agoda is part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq BKNG) and employs 3,700 staff in more than 30 countries. Agoda.com and the Agoda mobile app are available in 38 languages.