This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Relocation provided to expat candidate.
Founded in Asia and now part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing you to thrive in and to grow both yourself and Agoda.
In this role, you will work with various business stakeholders to identify regulatory requirement and establish effective processes, controls and monitoring procedures to understand current status of compliance and identify gaps in the areas relating to payments and online commerce. Online commerce includes mobile payments, e-money, prepaid and other payment cards, and online banking.
You will actively engage with the business to help identify, assess risks and resolve issues with regard to our payment products and services, and be able to create a risk assessment framework for payment products as well as outline the path forward to compliance with necessary regulations. You will also be able to advise Agoda’s senior management of risks and opportunities in our payments products.
Due to the growth plans of the company, the role may evolve over time. The candidate should be open to additional challenges and responsibilities, including building and leading teams.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Supports Agoda’s current and expanding payment business operations in the areas of risk management and compliance
- Obtain a deep understanding of the financial services and payments landscape, and key actors and in such advises the Agoda payment teams and leadership on risks, and opportunities
- Work closely with stakeholders to coordinate, design, and enhance processes with a view to comply with relevant rules and regulations in each jurisdiction in order to ensure compliance
- Assist in the acquisition and collection of data needed to perform risk assessments and evaluate new products- including launches of new payment methods, features and processes so as to identify new risks and opportunities
- Conduct data analysis and manipulation to support the established risk assessment methodology that leverages best practices
- Drive/ and or support special projects and act as a designated contact with business partners to ensure expectations of the risk assessments are met
- Assist in the preparation of updates and presentations to senior management and other stakeholders
- Over time, build up and manage a team based on Agoda’s needs
Required Skills and Personal Traits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline; or an MBA
- 5 years or more of experience in risk management, risk control, compliance (preferably with experience in the financial service industry)
- An understanding of the AML functions responsibilities and of risk assessment processes and risk principles
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Proactive, self-driven and flexible, with ability to complete multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong, confident self-motivated contributor who is comfortable working independently to look ahead, anticipate, challenge and manage around obstacles.
- Adaptable, and open minded; thrives to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Well organized, with solid decision-making skills and a sharp eye for detail.
- A critical and creative thinker who can look beyond the numbers to build a narrative about what's what
This position is open to worldwide candidates and we will assist you with visa and relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
#singapore #taipei #beijing #shanghai #melbourne #FIN #4 #LI-TW1