Agoda’s Customer Experience Group (CEG) is a 2,000+ strong organization spread globally across 9 countries in 4 continents. The Learning & Development (L&D) team is an organic part of CEG’s daily operations, owning new hires’ job readiness, on-the-job and continuous learning, and knowledge management. We also impact operations and customer experience through other developmental activities.
The L&D TM will manage L&D Specialists and Sr. Specialists, and will provide them feedback and coaching as they work on L&D solutions and initiatives.
The L&D Team Manager (TM) will also lead learning solutions and initiatives across different locations that support business objectives and employee development.
Success in the role will be mainly measured by the impact on the performance of CEG employees, measured by improvement in their KPI scores.
Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Identify performance gaps and recommend solutions to close gaps related to knowledge, skills, and behavior
- Work with Operations leaders and other support teams to identify learning objectives
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of L&D programs in terms of improvements in KPIs or metrics
- Evaluate L&D Specialists performance and identify areas that require improvement as well as opportunities for growth
- Provide feedback and coaching to L&D Specialists to help them achieve their KPIs and develop within the role
- Partner with Operations to identify SME (Subject Matter Experts) to support the creation of content and delivery of training
- Plan and allocate training resources to ensure the L&D needs of the organization are met
- Together with L&D Specialists develop new learning initiatives around soft skills
- Good mentoring and coaching skills
- Leadership qualities and the ability to lead effectively L&D Specialists and Sr. Specialists
- Good communication skills
- Able to transform the ideas of management and implement appropriate L&D solutions in the organization
- Good analytical skills and critical thinking
- Experience in building learning initiatives related to soft skills
- Project management and planning skills
- Move fast and focus on the core opportunity
- Able to maintain constructive work relationships with the employees of all departments; seniors as well as juniors
- It is preferred for candidates to have at least 2-year experience in L&D and/or Customer Experience-related functions to be eligible for this role.
- Proficiency in Global Distribution Systems preferably Sabre, Amadeus, Galileo.
- Someone who can work very well with Microsoft office applications.
- Knowledge of learning and development practices and knowledge management.
- Experience managing people.