Help design the future of Agoda. We are looking for thoughtful, extremely talented designers (and design thinkers) to join our team and help us fundamentally shape the vision of our product. We want you to play a major role in building a design driven culture.
We only scratched the surface. The online travel industry is extremely dynamic and competitive space. Our aim is to deliver compelling designs that create a world-class customer experience. You will have a key role in defining the future of our products that reach millions of customers. Despite our size, we operate in a startup-like environment.
Work in Asia’s most vibrant city. Bangkok provides a setting like no other: edgy, luxurious, impossibly sensorial, endlessly layered. The perfect junction of a globally-minded career and the heart of Asian travel. You will learn and expand your skills as a designer by applying your craft.
What we’re looking for
Agoda’s mission is to give people the power to build the world closer together thru travel. Through our family of apps and products, we're building a different kind of company that connects people and cities thru travel. Whether we're creating new products or continue to grow our travel products Agoda continues to lead in innovation, tech and design in the travel industry. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to travel.
Come be part of a talented team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for Agoda global product. As a Product Design Intern, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next feature of Agoda to pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Agoda product.
- Listening to feedback to hone skills and improve design
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)Collaborate with team members to launch projects
- Take on special design tasks (e.g. color correction, internal design request)
- Be hands-on with the work. Conceptualize, execute, and steward product experiences across multiple business areas
- Link to portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Experience with design software (e.g. InVision, Sketch ).
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (what we build, not just how it looks)
- Excellent communication skills – you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree or equivalent in a design related field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment