As part of the world’s largest travel company – Booking Holdings Group, Agoda is a global leader in the online travel space. We are looking for a head of Commercial to lead all our development efforts through Greater China fast changing commercial landscape.
The Head of Commercial will lead the development and performance management of all our relationships with strategic partners and largest hotels chains in Greater China. As such – the successful applicant will be a heavy hitter from within the e-commerce or tech industry in China who can demonstrate a track record of high performance on a global scale.
You will be a recognized commercial leader in the industry who is an experienced negotiator with a strong product acumen and a well-rounded understanding of the e-commerce industry, including its market trends and the importance of connectivity.
- Develop best-in-class data driven strategic partnerships and chains account management team and practices, providing both quantitative and qualitative strategic analyses and insights to support the process
- Entrepreneurially develop new long-term business models working closely with cross functional teams including Product, Supply, Finance and Legal. Spearhead business development effort, providing partners with product driven solutions to help them meet their strategic objectives
- Head partner management, including full account management and ongoing partner retention. Lead end-to-end business driven initiatives and steer through negotiation cycles to continuously grow Agoda share of partner’s wallet. Develop comprehensive plans for partners within their portfolio, including identifying growth opportunities, action planning, business growth forecasting
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the partnership solution suite and its competitive advantages by actively monitoring the landscape and providing feedback to product development teams
- Drive Chain engagement by building and maintaining value adding relationship with all key stakeholders within the hotels Chains and champion the broader hotel team chain training programs to educate them on how to drive the performance of chain hotels
- Build and coach the team to success through sharing your learnings, wins, losses and best practices
- Represent Agoda when communicating with regulatory and government institutions
- Energized by people and business development interaction
- Invigorated by change; relishes new challenges
- Learns faster by failing fast, drives results, prepares well
- Connects judgement and assessment with data, collects more data when insufficient
- Avoid general statement, efficiently communicates candidly in few words
- Has a solution-focused and positive mindset
- Provides direct feedback, both encouraging and constructive, to help others grow
- Ability to also execute and implement, not focusing only on big ideas
- Resilience and an unrelenting push for performance
- 10+ years’ experience within a leading e-commerce or tech company
- 10+ years’ experience within key account management / strategic partnerships
- A bachelor’s degree or MBA in business or engineering or a related field
- Ability to speak and write English and Chinese Mandarin fluently and idiomatically