Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work at the cutting edge of travel? Would you want to work in a rapidly growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry? How about living in one of the world’s most beautiful countries, one top-rated by expats? Then Agoda is the place for you!
Agoda is an online hotel and accommodation booking website part of the Booking Holdings Group (alongside Kayak, booking.com, rentalcars.com, and others), which is by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. The best part is that each brand operates independently, meaning we have the resources of a big enterprise, but the mentality of an entrepreneurial startup.
The Director of Product, is a senior role overseeing a team of product owners that look after a major strategic customer facing initiative. This role is a hands on role deep in the details while developing an overall strategy focused on innovation and inspiring a highly skilled team.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and we will assist you with visa and relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
What’s the work like? Agoda’s product team is the company’s engine for innovation. You can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
- Lead company-wide product innovation by overseeing the roadmaps and overall vision of the team. Relentlessly prioritize innovations to achieve growth goals
- Communicate your vision extensively with stakeholders across the organization, particularly in the marketing department
- Manage a team of product owners in supporting them to execute on their roadmaps.
- Act quickly on trends and opportunities by staying up to date on an extremely dynamic and competitive industry
Qualifications and experience:
- Extremely comfortable with data and analysis. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience working with designers solving complex user experience issues, preferably in an international ecommerce setting
- A hands on approach driven by a passion for rapidly designing and building projects, then A/B testing their success
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- MBA, advanced math or engineering degree
- Able to design large data structures and write intermediate SQL queries