Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 5,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
About the Team:
Agoda design speaks invitingly to everyone, from business travelers to long-stay cultural explorers to families seeking quality time.
Only by integrating the best principles of UX design, graphic design, and product design can we create a user experience that’s as invigorating and exploratory as travel itself. Agoda’s success has been built on world-class data science, using analytics and aggressive experimentation to discover and exploit disruptive ideas and approaches. All our design work is rigorously tested using detailed statistical analysis to quantify successful innovations. At Agoda, great design is proven with hard numbers and rewarded accordingly.
About the Role:
As a design manager, you help understand, define, and drive the future of online travel. You connect the end-to-end user experience, identify and shape product strategy, continuously raise the bar for design quality, and build high performing teams of skilled designers who craft compelling experiences that deliver real value to our users.
In this role, you will manage design across multidisciplinary product teams and groups, manage and develop talented members of your team, guide research and design processes to identify customer needs and bring the voice of our customer to life, and elevate the quality of experience across channels and platforms.
You are a great design team leader who will provide leadership and direction for a team of designers. You advocate for the user and passionately promote their needs, helping your teams pull together an inspiring picture of our users to guide ongoing product development and shape early product definition and strategy. You are committed to creating simple, coherent, and elegant experiences for our users.
You are a compassionate and effective leader of leaders, and you drive operational and execution excellence through your high-performing team. You will collaborate with leaders across UX, Product, and Engineering to connect experiences across all of our products. You have excellent communication skills and will regularly partner with senior stakeholders and the leadership team, taking the time to understand not just the execution side of design, but the business aspects of the products as well.
- Provide vision and direction for a growing UX team of over 10 direct and indirect reports; leading design thinking across products, platforms, and devices.
- Manage and mentor multiple direct reports, providing leadership, direction, and mentorship to inspire and challenge them on their career path
- Build strong relationships with leaders across product teams and groups to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Help to define strategy and vision across several product teams. Partner with product teams to define objectives, scope road maps and decide priorities
- Be a passionate advocate for users in a fast-paced business-focused environment.
- Drive operational and execution excellence, while leading creative and holistic thinking at scale across a diverse range of products, platforms, and devices.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that allows the product vision to be realized over time
- Proactively identify team needs (process, tooling, and documentation) to ensure the UX team is enabled to craft great experiences and have maximum impact.
- Provide indirect leadership across our broader, multi-disciplinary UX organization to guide our collective ongoing evolution of UX and organizational best practices at the company.
- Promote a user-centered design approach by educating and inspiring others throughout the business.
- Introduce new technologies, techniques and design tools to improve performance and process
- Contribute to building team culture and attracting and recruiting new candidates, building systems to evaluate and hire designers effectively
- Communicate complex design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- 10+ years’ experience in UX Design.
- 4 years of experience in people management or leading design teams – both within UX organizations and in partnership with Product and Engineering.
- Degree or higher degree in Design, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with designing, leading and implementing UX Design projects at scale
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts.
- Fluency in roles, methods, processes and best practices for user-centered design.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
#sanfrancisco #newyork #london #seattle #losangeles #bengaluru #boston #shanghai #chicago #sydney #mumbai #guangdong #delhi #newdelhi #beijing #melbourne #toronto #washingtondc #netherlands #berlin # atlanta #austin #pune #paris #singapore #hongkong #saopaulo #portland #taiwan #detroit #stockholm #munich #ART #DSGN #IT #4 #LI-VV1